12 Lessons Learned From My Dogs

12 Lessons Learned From My Dogs

They live the life we all dream of.

10
12 Lessons Learned From My Dogs
Devon Sherouse

With gloomy headlines all around us, it's nice to come home at the end of the day to a face unfazed by the world's troubles. My dogs. They hold a special piece of my heart and always will. Growing up in a house that always had a dog, I've learned they have a pretty good outlook on life. So here are 12 Lessons Learned from my dogs:

1. Be eager to take walks.

Clear your head, get some fresh air, but maybe avoid peeing on every tree and fire hydrant...

2. Drink your water.

Splashing, gulping, and making a huge mess makes it taste better.

3. Take pride in your napping abilities.

I have a full day of napping to tend to. Sorry.

4. The more treats the better.

If you sit or do some stupid trick you get more. Just saying.

5. Avoid biting when a growl is enough.

Pick your battles. And Chihuahuas are tougher than they look. Trust me.

6. Never share your food.

IT'S MINE. ALL OF IT IS MINE.

7. Beg others to share their food with you.

Make sure you master the puppy eyes to make it look like you’re starving.

8. Always hang out in the kitchen.

The most amazing food always falls from the counter…especially in the morning and at night… Weird.

9. Chase what makes you happy.

A ball, laser, your tail, birds, ANYTHING. Chase it and don’t let anyone take it from you.

10. Always test the rules.

“No couch?” I’m sure you mean “ENJOY THE COUCH!”

11. Stay loyal.

Always be there when they have a bad day. Just sit and listen. And maybe give cuddles!

12. Love unconditionally.

Because at the end of the day, all you need is love… \and bacon. Bacon is good.