12 Of Halsey's Best Lyrics

12 Of Halsey's Best Lyrics

Not only are her songs beautiful, they're also relatable.

9935
12 Of Halsey's Best Lyrics
Halsey

Halsey is a singer/songwriter from New Jersey who has been taking the world by storm over the past year. She has continuously proven time and again that she is a force to be reckoned with in the music industry. She has won countless awards and honors and has played tons of sold out shows all over the world.

What makes Halsey special is her poetic lyrics. This girl has an amazing way with words and her lyrics are the perfect mixture of reality and fantasy. Her music has influenced so many lives and it's her lyrics that make her stand out from the rest. Here are 12 of Halsey's best, most relatable lyrics.

1. "You were red and you liked me 'cause I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky and you decided purple just wasn't for you."

These lyrics have been circulating on Tumblr for a couple years now, even before Halsey was famous. She posted them on her personal Tumblr a few years back and they went viral. Now, many people recognize this lyric from her song "Colors." This lyric is all about how no matter what you do and how you think someone feels about you, it just isn't enough.

2. "'Cause I clutched your arms like stairway railings and you clutched my brain and eased my ailing."

This lyric comes from one of Halsey's most unknown songs, "Is There Somewhere." This song is all about needing someone so bad that they are the only person that will make you feel like yourself again. It's all about relying on someone else. Even though it's not the best to have to rely on someone that much, it's a beautiful lyric.

3. "I'm bigger than my body. I'm colder than this home. I'm meaner than my demons. I'm bigger than these bones."

These lyrics, from her song "Control," refers to being caught up in your own mind and not being able to escape your thoughts. This lyric is dark, but holds a lot of significant meaning. Halsey is basically saying that yes, your mind may be deadly sometimes, but you can overcome what's in your mind by taking control.

4. "And I tried to wash you away but you just won't leave."

This lyric is pretty self-explanatory. Halsey is implying that there's someone that it always on her mind or is always popping up in her life. This lyric is featured in her song "Haunting," where the rest of the song talks about just that: someone from her past haunting her.

5. "And we know that we're headstrong, and our heart's gone, and the timing's never right."

"Roman Holiday" is one of my absolute favorite Halsey songs, and this is where this lyric comes from. The song is about a relationship that is amazing; full of passion and an undoubted care for the other person. However, this relationship just isn't right and will never work out, but the two just enjoy it while they can.

6. "You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being."

Even though this lyric is dark, it's one of my favorites. It comes from the song "Gasoline," where Halsey talks about how the world around us dictates how we feel, what we do, and how we act. It symbolizes society's need for everyone to be perfect, almost machine like, so we all run on gasoline.

7. "All I do is cry and complain because second's not the same."

This is another lyric from "Is There Somewhere," where Halsey is referring to a person you love choosing someone else over you. The whole song is about wanting someone that's with someone else and this lyric emphasizes how much it hurts to see that person with someone else.

8. "I'm searching for something that I can't reach."

This lyric is from "Ghost," one of Halsey's most popular songs. This song speaks to a relationship that has ended, but the other person remains a ghost in your life. This person is still in your thoughts, but you can't quote understand why they are there or why you need that person.

9. "I found the devil. I found him in a lover. And his lips like tangerines and his color coded speak."

These lyrics come from "Coming Down," one of my personal favorites. Halsey is referring to a toxic relationship were the other person is very cunning and secretive. It's a known fact that they are bad for the relationship, but the two of them just go with it anyway.

10. "And I've been sittin' at the bottom of a swimming pool for awhile now, drowning my thoughts out with the sounds."

Coming from Halsey's song "Young God," this is another dark lyric about a relationship. The relationship makes a person feel like they're drowning; feeling very trapped and confused. This metaphoric lyric uses the uncomfortable loudness of the bottom of a pool refer to the relationship.

11. "I'll bet you kiss your knuckles right before they touch my cheek."

"Trouble" is another one of Halsey's more unknown songs and is where this lyric comes from. This song focuses on how a particular person makes you feel weak because of how much they mean to you. Even though you're so about this person and want to be with them, they take advantage of you and use your weaknesses to their advantage.

12. "I'm a wanderess, I'm a one night stand; don't belong to no city don't belong to no man."

This final lyric comes from a very popular Halsey song, "Hurricane." This song is about self-empowerment. Halsey talks about how she's her own person and that she does what's best for her. She doesn't belong to anyone or anywhere — she belongs to herself.