12 Fictional Worlds That Would Be Crazy Cool To Live In

And what makes them so appealing.

3073
AOL

1. The Wizarding World

Admit it, being a wizard would probably be the coolest thing you could ever be. You could attend Hogwarts, work for the Ministry of Magic or even hang out with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Even going to school wouldn't be a pain because you would be learning transfiguration, potions and even defense against the dark arts, which hopefully wouldn't be necessary because you would live post-Voldemort.

2. Shadow World

When I read the Mortal Instruments series, all I wanted to be was a Shadowhunter. Defeating downworlders and saving the world simultaneously would result in a very exciting life. And let's talk about those runes, you could have tattoos that helped and protected you--and looked really cool!

3. Middle Earth

First of all, if Middle Earth really looks that much like New Zealand, you'll live in a beautiful place. Second of all, existing in a world with Legolas and Frodo? Count me in. Also, a second breakfast doesn't sound too shabby.

4. The "Lost" Island

Okay, okay, there was the issue of a polar bear on a tropical island...and a group of "Others" trying to kill them...and the fact that the island moves around all the time so you never really have an exact location, or time. But this loyal group learned a lot about themselves and made life-long friendships along the way. I mean, look at Hurley and Charlie; they were having a blast!

5. Marvel Universe

Who wouldn't want a pack of superheroes defending our world? Captain America, Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye are only part of the group and alone, could destroy any enemy that stood in their way. Add in the Guardians of the Galaxy and several other superheroes and well, we don't have to worry about our safety. Plus, maybe they would let us become honorary superheroes?

6. The Star Trek Universe

Okay, maybe I wouldn't want to board the starship Enterprise anytime soon, but attending, or working at, the Starfleet Academy would be awesome. I guess if I had to be recruited for space travel, I would be fine as long as Captain James T. Kirk was on board.

7. DC Universe

The Suicide Squad may be full of bad guys, but they would be some pretty entertaining supervillains to watch. Plus, with Batman and Superman around, we wouldn't be in much danger at all. Gotham City is pretty appealing, might I add.

8. The Arrow-verse

A subgroup of the DC Universe, Arrow and the Flash are basically in their own category. The Flash is a quirky superhero while the Arrow is a brooding vigilante. Together, they've stopped a handful of metahumans and looked good along the way. I wouldn't be opposed to living in a world with these two, as long as we were stationed in Central City, a much more lively place than Starling City.

9. Mystic Falls

Let's be honest, being a vampire is about as glamorous as it gets; you don't age, you stay beautiful and you have all the time in the world to accomplish whatever you please. Mystic Falls may be full of bad vampires and bad memories, but Damon and Stefan Salvatore make that all worth it.

10. Mario Universe

Three words: Real. Mario. Kart.

11. Disney Universe

Which world exactly? Well, the possibilities are endless. You could have a genie who granted your wishes, a great pair of friends like Timon and Pumbaa or even a dream library like Belle's. If you can dream it in Disney, you can do it in the Disney Universe.

12. Hawkins, Indiana

I wouldn't necessarily want to step foot in the Upside-Down, but I would love to live in the same place as Eleven, Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Will.