11 Things You Need To Know About Monica Bradley

I'm so proud to be 1 of 12 amazing Ambassadors for Odyssey!

32
Monica Bradley

Lets play a little game of 'Get To Know 1 of 12 Odyssey Ambassadors'! My name is Monica Bradley and I am here to tell you 12 fun facts about myself!

1. I was born on a military base!

My father is a proud veteran of the army. He spent 20 years in the army and I am proud of him for that, I am able to proudly say that I was born on a military base: Ft. Hood, Texas. If you ask me where I was born, be prepared for me to have a huge smile on my face.

2. I was raised in Flint, MI and I am proud of that.

We moved to Flint when I was 5 years old. Even though Flint has had its issues, I am proud to say that this is the city that I grew up in. When I tell people that I grew up here, they start to feel bad for me. Yes, living in the city was hard, but it taught me how to be tough and to appreciate everything that I have.

3. I am obsessed with the Detroit Tigers.

The Detroit Tigers are a huge part of my life, which sounds silly I know. Baseball season is my favorite season of the year because the atmosphere that surrounds Comerica Park is not one that you can find anywhere else (well at least in my mind). When I am watching a Tigers game at Comerica Park, I am in my happy place, and you do not want to get in the middle of that.

4. My middle name is very special to me.

Everybody is either happy or mad about their middle names. My middle name is Jo and it's special to me because it is my mother’s name. When I was younger my nickname use to include my middle name. My middle name is a name that I will carry on for generations.

5. I am studying Sociology and Woman and Gender Studies.

Sometimes when you get into college, you don’t know what you want to do with your future. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do, but now I know. I want to be a counselor for women and children who may have been abused and do not have the insurance or money to go and see a counselor.

6. Joining a Sorority was one of the best decision I could have ever made

Joining a sorority my second year in college was probably one of the best decisions that I could have ever made. This is a group of girls that I will have for the rest of my life, because it is not for four years, it is for life.

7. I have Dyslexia

I didn’t know that I had Dyslexia until I came to college. There are many forms of Dyslexia and I'm affected when I am reading and writing. I mix up letters or can’t read/say words like they are meant to be. Writing for Odyssey has helped me because it shows me that no matter what, I can write as much as I want.

8. I attend Oakland University and love every minute of it.

I have had the pleasure of calling Oakland University my home away from home. Even though a lot of people say that OU is not a real university, I believe that it is. Oakland is a real university because it gives me the opportunities that I can't get at any other “big” university. Even though OU is a small campus, I still feel as if we are all one big family.

9. My biggest article and the one I am proudest about is about PTSD

Because I was born into a military family, I have learned a lot about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I had the privilege to write an article about PTSD after learning a veteran that was close to one of my friends committed suicide. This article is one that I am very proud of because it shows my readers that PTSD is a serious issue that some people may not even know about.

10. My first tattoo honors my army background.

When I got my first tattoo, I had no idea what I wanted it to be. To be honest, I thought I would never get a tattoo, but one day when I was scrolling through pictures of tattoos and found the perfect one for me. It helps me honor everything I stand for: Love and Army.

11. My church is a huge part of my life.

Words can’t even express how much I love my church. They have helped me with some of the toughest times in my life. I know that they will always be there for me.

And there you have it! All about your Odyssey Ambassador! I hope that you come and join the 12,000+ content Creator we have today.