12 Common New Year's Resolutions That Millennials Will Break This Year

Everyone has good intentions going into the new year but sadly most of the time resolutions fail; especially for busy millennials.

96
Travefy

Here are twelve common resolutions that millennials will make going into 2017. Sadly, there is a high likelihood that they will be broken, however they still will be made!

1. Work out.

You've been at the gym those first few weeks of January and seen all those shiny new faces taking up your machines; sad to say but those commitments to workout more consistently don't seem to last long into the new year.

2. Study more. Go out less.

If you're still in college (undergrad or graduate) you have those intentions of staying in more to raise that GPA this following spring semester...until that first weekend back...and then fomo sets in hard.

3. Waste less money.

This is high on everyone's list as millennials; because, well, its a more expensive world than when our grandparents and even parents were younger. But then the happy hours begin or it gets too late so you order take out or you just have to do some retail therapy, and the list goes on until suddenly your just making it rain.

4. Eat healthier.

Everyone tries to but only few succeed...

5. Be less stressed.

Kind of impossible but it's nice to dream.

6. Drink less.

Like above we have good intentions until our stress sets in and we go...well Superman does it and he saves the world; so why shouldn't we do it too!

7. Quit an unhealthy habit.

These are a little harder to resolve especially if it involves something that you've become physically addicted to thus these tend to be the quickest to fail; however, if you have the dedication you won't see me standing in your way!

8. Learn something new.

You try it with high enthusiasm, then fail both horribly and probably in a very embarrassing way so that stops any progress in its tracks and you end up quitting whatever you were learning to do anyway.

9. Fall in love.

Really don't understand how this is a resolution, especially because resolutions are suppose to be something that you can do to better your life on your own (key word) from year to year and you kind of need more than just yourself to fulfill this resolution; however if this one is on your list I wish you good luck!

10. Don't be a procrastinator.

Try as we might any one who considers themselves a procrastinator will have a very difficult time breaking this pattern.

11. Use less technology.

We're millennials we are never off our phones; although we do try to go radio silent on our favorite apps it normally only last 5 minutes thus showing us this resolution is not even worth writing down.

12. Spend time with family and friends.

We all want to spend more quality time with our family and friends but life gets in the way and it becomes harder to make the time for those important people...however don't stop trying just because this resolution is difficult!

You can see how easy it is to break these New Years resolutions for both millennials and other generations as well. In my opinion sometimes making resolutions are not beneficial at all because they can be so easily crushed; these unsuccessful resolutions can cause negative side effects such as additional stress and the mindset of being a "failure".

So instead of making resolutions for 2017, try setting reachable goals that are attainable and optimistic so that they can be achieved successfully!