12 Candies That Only 90s Kids Remember

12 Candies That Only 90s Kids Remember

If you're not a 90s kid you've never experienced good candy.

6229
12 Candies That Only 90s Kids Remember
Play Buzz

Do you remember walking down to your nearest grocery store or candy shop and seeing all the different candies in the window? How about walking into a gas station or super market and seeing twenty foot, endless isle ways of candy? As a kid you could never buy too much candy especially if it were these twelve favorite's that we remember from the '90s.

1. Zotz

This sweet candy shell had a secret surprise. The minute you bit into the sour, gooey center, your mouth felt fizzy and electric like 4th of July fireworks going off.

2. Candy Lipstick

Don't deny it, you tried at least once to lick the lipstick part and put it on your lips to see if the color would actually stay. When that didn't work you usually just ate the whole thing in one bite...minus the plastic part.

3. Strawberry hard candy

This was my favorite candy growing up. I remember getting so excited for Halloween because that's when they were the most popular. A hard chewy outside with a warm strawberry gel on the inside that melted in your mouth, you became so obsessed with them and now they are nowhere to be found.

4. Candy buttons

These candies never lasted long no matter how many sheets you bought because the candy tasted so good it didn't matter if you ate the paper with it.

5. Candy powder filled fruits

These were way cooler than pixie sticks because not only was there more sugar dust but as a kid, when they were empty, you could fill them up like water bottles and have flavored water.

6. Chiclets

I remember being able to pay 25 cents for a giant handful of these which wasn't bad considering you only got about 25 minutes of the most delicious gum on the planet.

7. Runts

No matter how hard you tried you could never get your friends to eat the banana runts because of how disgusting they were, but everyone seemed to want either the apple or grape flavors.

8. Candy cigarettes

If any of you have parents who smoke, you know at some point in your life you grabbed one of these so you could pretend to smoke and be cool like everyone else. But if you kept the cigarette in between your lips for too long it started to melt and make your lips all sticky.

9. Wax bottle candy

I never could figure out why kids continued to buy these. They were a big hit and maybe an influence to get prepared for the wax they sell today.

10. Candy necklaces

Candy necklaces were so popular, each day you wore them you were making a statement and saving yourself a yummy afternoon snack.

11. Hubba bubba tape

This gum was such a big deal you would get so mad if someone else ever took a bite out of it, there's a reason it's made in tape form use it that way.

12. War heads

These were only eaten if you lost a bet, got dared, or if you were just weird enough to eat the entire bag, other than that they left horrible canker sores in your mouth.