11 Ways I Was Surprised At The Final Season Of Pretty Little Liars

The last season of Pretty Little Liars was full of twists and turns that had me sitting at the edge of my seat during every episode.

16

I know I am late to the game on this one, but this is what happens when you are in the Peace Corps; you are late to all things pop culture. This weekend, I was finally able to watch the last season of Pretty Little Liars, and boy, was I hooked from the very first moment. Now, that it is over I kid you no,t a part of my young adulthood is over. I have been invested in who has been tormenting these ladies for the last seven years of my life, and now that it’s over who am I going to worry about? I sure as hell can’t worry about who A or A.D is anymore. I am extremely proud to say that I was able to avoid all spoilers, and I didn’t know anything about the season until I had finally watched it.

** Heads up spoilers ahead. If you haven’t watched up to the very last episode do not keep reading. **

This season threw me for a loop. My mind was blown after almost every episode. I cannot lie and say that I was thrilled and on the edge of my seat the entire since. I was bored during some episodes. However, for the majority of the season I was on the edge of my seat surprised at what was happening and surprised with all the twist and turns that were brought up.

1. First big surprise had to have been Noel’s involvement in the doll house. Like why? Along with this I am also mad that we never really found out why or how he was connected to A.D. And why he was so willing to torture the girls in that way. What did they ever do to them?
  2. The next surprise has to be Mary Drake being Spencer’s mom. Like what in the world? Her dad sure got around with other women. And why in the world would Spencer’s mom stay with her dad after being cheated on twice and him having children with two other women.
  3. I guess I was also surprised about the fact that the girls killed Elliot and covered it up. I mean you really could have just said you accidently hit him with your car. He was torturing Allison so it probably would have been seen as self-defense or an accident. Along those lines I am also surprised that the writer had them kill him in the first place the girls stayed clean of all the murders the entire seven seasons so I am surprised that they actually killed someone.
  4. Aria joining the team A.D, are you kidding me Aria? Why in the world would you do that? You and Ezra had been through so much. He’d get past that file. You know that. I mean y’all got through Nicole being alive of course he’ll get past you almost turning him in. I mean he was a jerk at that point in the game. And he knew it.
  5. The girls getting so angry at Aria for joining A.D. I know she did some awful things to the girls but they had all been put in Aria’s shoes in some way because of A.D in other ways which should have made it easier for them to forgive her.
  6. Mona killing Charlotte. I don’t really know who else I thought could have done it but Mona never really came to my mind. Maybe you all saw it coming but I sure didn’t.
  7. I also didn’t see Mona going crazy and trying to kill Hannah. I know that she thought it was Charlotte but still. Hannah always met so much to Mona I never thought that would happen.
  8. Mary Drake turning herself in to save the girls, but also admitting to killing Allison’s mom. I knew she loved Spencer but I didn’t think she would do that.
  9. Spencer having a twin sister who was A.D and trying to take over her life and how she had become Spencer in several scenes and none of us knew. Like Spencer had a twin. An evil twin that killed for fun. Also her taking Ezra, like why? Why would you do that what did that gain you? I seriously didn’t see any of that happening.
  10. All the girls getting their happily ever after with the ones you hoped they would. Spencer didn’t completely end up with Toby but the hint was there. It made me very happy but it still surprised me.
  11. That ending with Mona in Paris with Alex and Mary Drake? Like what the? Is she really that crazy? How did she get them there? Why was she keeping them? I just don’t understand.

I don’t know about any of you but I was quite happy about how Pretty Little Liars ended because I didn’t see it coming. I was expecting the entire time for it to be Mona, Jenna, or Mary Drake. This made it a lot more surprising when it ended up being a new random character no one expected.

I would love to hear what you all thought about the final season of Pretty Little Liars. Tell me what you thought and we can discuss.