11 Ways Getting Through A Semester Feels Like Getting Your Wisdom Teeth Removed

If you thought getting your teeth pulled out was a struggle, try surviving a semester of college.

148

Many people have to get their wisdom teeth taken out just as many people struggle to get through a semester of college. Getting your wisdom teeth taken out can be a very painful but funny and entertaining process, much like a semester of college. There are many steps to finishing the procedure or finishing the semester. Ultimately, both things will lead to success in the end. Although you may be removing some wisdom, you'll be gaining some in college! Here are some things that happen to us while getting our wisdom teeth removed as well as getting through a semester of college.

1. Removing wisdom teeth prevents us from being in pain in the future.

College also prevents us from being in pain in the future. It is to make sure we obtain our dream job. In the meantime, we'll just have to suffer through the pain.

2. We have to fast.

Doctors recommend that you don't eat the night before or the day of the surgery, but in college we don't eat because we are broke.

3. You get stabbed at the beginning of the procedure.

Doctors will stab you with the anesthetic at the beginning of the procedure, but professors will stab you with that first paper that will be due at the end of the semester.Ouch!

4. We sleep the pain away.

Doctors will give you an anesthetic that will put you to sleep during the surgery so you don't feel pain. In college, we skip classes and take naps because class is a pain in the...you know where.

5. They give you pain killers.

College students prefer alcohol.

6. You record the whole thing

The whole thing is documented through video to catch your funny moments while in college, we have Snapchat for that

7. You may look a little rough.

The doctors numbing your face is almost like pulling an all-nighter to write a 10-page paper, a presentation, and a group project.

8. You go through every type of emotion.

The next few days after getting your wisdom teeth out are a roller coaster of emotions, much like a semester of college. You may feel anger, whether it is over trying to find Beyonce or trying to work on a group project. You'll feel happiness when you find out that you can have ice cream or that your lips are actually still on your face, while in college you'll find happiness in new life-long friendships. You'll find confusion throughout the whole semester in class and you'll find excitement when you're nearing the end of all the pain whether we're talking about recovering from mouth pain or recovering from final exams pain.

9. Pain

Getting your wisdom teeth out can be very painful. It may even be as painful as studying, writing papers, pulling all-nighters, taking exams, doing group projects, eating cafeteria food, and surviving hangovers.

10. Turnt

You might feel a little "turnt" after those painkillers. I don't think I need to give an explanation about college students being turnt. College students are always turnt.

11. You question everything.

On painkillers, you might be loopy and curious about the most deep topics such as "if this is actually real life" or "if you'll be able to get on the Ellen Degeneres Show." In college you may have questions like "Where am I going to use this math when I am a journalism student?" or "What if I just quit college and work at McDonalds for the rest of my life?"

Here's a fun video of me "not acting weird" after getting my wisdom teeth removed. Those were my words in the video. If you watch from 07:50 to the end, I give an overall summary of what it feels like to get your wisdom teeth out, so if you're getting yours out soon...Good luck!