11 Ways To Know You're A Dog Person

11 Ways To Know You're A Dog Person

You'll relate if your dog is your best friend

45
11 Ways To Know You're A Dog Person
Molly Murphy

I've always been an animal lover. I loved to watch Animal Planet and read National Geographic as a kid. Animals always fascinated me, yet I was terrified of dogs when I was younger. But I still wanted a pet which didn't make much sense to me. I would beg my parents to get my brother and I a dog, but when I'd go over friends' houses who had dogs and I'd be shaking if fear of their dog. So my parents refused to get me a dog.

As I got older, my fear of dogs started to disappear (thank goodness), so my parents started to seriously consider getting one. We did our research online and came across dogs that seemed to be a good for our family. However, something would always come up, and we wouldn't end up getting the dog. Until one day, my friend said his dogs had just had puppies. His family was looking to find happy homes for the puppies, so I told my parents. Long story short, we fell in love with these beautiful puppies and ended up taking one home. His name is Clancy. He's been with us for five years now, and he is the light of my life. My family and I are so obsessed with our dog it actually is annoying to people who come visit. He is the king of the house, and we love him to pieces. I am no longer afraid of dogs at all and find myself wanting to pet any dog I come across. If you're a dog person like me here are a few things you'll relate to:

1. You find yourself talking in a baby voice to any and all dogs.

2. If you come across a dog video on Facebook/Twitter you can't help but watch it.

3. You have way more pictures of your dog on your phone than anything else.

4. When you're upset or stressed out you immediately go to your dog for comfort.

5. When you have to leave the house and they give you their sad eyes. That's the deepest guilt you've ever felt.

6. So naturally, once you're back you have to remind them how much you truly love them.

7. Even if you have a significant other, your dog's kisses are the best kisses.

8. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, if you're away at school or on vacation you feel the need to FaceTime your dog.

9. You follow multiple dogs on Instagram.

10. When your dog is upset, you want to hear their side of the story.

11. Lastly, no matter what your dog does, you can't stay mad at them for very long.