11 TV Shows That Will Actually Ruin Your Life

"One more episode, I promise!"

248
Bit Rebels

In the times of Netflix and Hulu, we are all capable of streaming any show we want any time we want. The ability to do so is a blessing...and a curse. I, and many others, have fallen victim to on-demand television. I am ashamed to say that there have been times I have completely avoided all responsibility to binge-watch my favorite shows. This is a PSA to stay away from the following shows (unless you want to be captivated by amazing plots and story-lines that will have you skipping classes and avoiding your entire family).

Pretty Little Liars

I never in a million years thought I would like this show. I remember as a high school underclassman not wanting anything to do with such a "mainstream" show. Then, on an extremely boring day, I clicked on it and ended up finishing the first season within three days.THREE DAYS. But in all seriousness, this show has such a strong following because it is genuinely a great series. The characters, plot twists, and overall theme of the show captivates the viewers, leaving them wanting more.

Jane the Virgin

THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD!!!! It's basically an Americanized telenovela filled with crazy plot twists and humor. Not to mention that the actor that plays Rafael (Justin Baldoni) is super attractive. Also, Gina Rodriguez is an amazing actress. Overall, this show is just a good time and super easy to binge-watch.

Gossip Girl

I'm positive that almost every teen girl has watched this show. Even if you haven't watched it, you know about it. The whole "xoxo, Gossip Girl" thing is everywhere. If you have a Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media platform then you know about Chuck and Blair. This show is a classic Netflix binge and for good reason.

The Carrie Diaries

Okay, so this one's a little out there, but trust me when I say it's worth the watch. Everyone knows Sex and The City, right? Well this is the prequel to all of that. The story follows young Carrie Bradshaw before the sex and the city. It's a quick binge seeing that it is comprised of only two seasons, but definitely worth the watch.

One Tree Hill

A millennial classic,this show has it all. Hot brothers, high school shenanigans, basketball, and a killer theme song. This show is EVERYTHING. I can't even describe how amazing it is, just trust me that I know what I'm talking about. This show has nine seasons of drama that keeps you on your toes.

Switched at Birth

I may or may not want to take a American Sign Language course just because of this show. The focus is on two families who are connected by one thing- they accidentally had their daughters switched at birth with each other. The entire show is absolutely insane, but sooooo worth the watch.

Friends

Another classic. Everyone knows this show and if you don't, this is a sign telling you to go sit yourself on a couch and watch the first season without moving. My mom, dad, grandma, aunt, sister, etc. all know the iconic six friends. We each have our favorite character and can sing "Smelly Cat" word for word. Hands down, this is one of the best shows to ever hit TV.

The Fosters'

THIS SHOW HAS RUINED ME. I'm not even being dramatic right now. My roommate and I just finished catching up to the new season and I don't think one show has ever given me as much anxiety as this one has. I can't even explain in words how great this show is, but that just it gives everyone an excuse to watch it.

Desperate Housewives

Why this show isn't on Netflix is a mystery to me. It's an oldie, but a goodie in my book. I used to stay up "late" on Sunday nights just to watch this show with my mom, dad, and sister. Words cannot describe the emotional loss I suffered when the show ended. If you ever come across this series, watch it immediately. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Glee

This show is what my dreams are made of. While watching this show, sing-a-longs are a must. This show has made me laugh, cry, and everything in between. If you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out.

The Walking Dead

I personally have not ruined my life with this one, but my best friends have. Seriously, TWD fans are crazy. For example, my best fiend has a life-size, cardboard cutout of Daryl Dixon in her bedroom. All I can say is to watch at your own risk because this show and its' fans are serious.

These shows are not ranked in a certain order because they all pretty much ruined my life for the better. I do have a couple of honorable mentions though. If you are a Netflix-connoisseur like yours truly, then you might enjoy shows like Game of Thrones, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, or the Spanish telenovela by the title of El Internado. So, with Thanksgiving Break around the corner, which show will you start binge-watching first?