Whether you’re from Northern, Southern, Eastern, or Western, being a resident of the great state of O-H-I-O is something many can’t fathom. With a rich culture when it comes to the sports and arts, destinations people always want to see, and more, you’re bound to find something (or all of it) on this list that corresponds to you
1. You call your beverages "Pop"
Yep, you probably call your caffenated beverages "pop", which is in awe of the wonderful noise a can makes when you open it. When you meet people who are from elsewhere and they hear you say "pop", they're usually like, "huh?"
2. Steak & Shake and Buffalo Wild Wings are your hangout
When it's a late night after a football game, or you're just craving those beautiful burgers from Steak 'n Shake and wings, you know these two restaraunts are the way to go.
3. "Ohio" is most appropriately spelled out with your arms
Going on a vacation? Are you in front of a monument? If you're from Ohio, it's only right if you lift your arms into the air with three other people and spell out the state.
4. Screaming out "O-H" in public is totally acceptable
Whether you're in a bar, at a concert, or just walking through a town, you can be sure you'll immediately hear back an "I-O" in return.
5. The weather is quite literally bipolar
We've got summer, we've got winter, and we've got whatever it is when you're mowing your lawn in snow...
6. Construction is it's own season
Oh, did you think you were going to go down the freeway today without seeing an orange barrel? Wrong again!
7. The little glowing bugs are called "lightning bugs"
8. Amusement parks are a huge thing
Kings Island and Cedar Point are two of the hugest amusement park destinations in the world, and they're located right here in Ohio. They've easily become a part of your Summers (and let's not forget about the awesome Halloween festivites both parks put on).
9. The Columbus Zoo and The Wilds
Located in the heart of Ohio, the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds are locations that any family is sure to enjoy in Ohio. Hailed as being the best zoo in the nation, the Columbus Zoo (who also owns the Wilds) is a fantastic place for anyone to visit. Many memories are sure to have come from here.
10. Kroger and Meijer are reffered to as "Kroger's" and "Meijer's"
Why do we talk about these stores in the possesive term? Who knows.
11. Truthfully, you just love Ohio.
Though you might always talk about wanting to leave, deep down you absolutely love your start of Ohio.