11 Things That Are Too True When You Have A Full-Time Job

Adulthood has its perks.

8
Psychology Today

As a kid, being an adult seemed like the best thing ever. Adults could have ice cream whenever you want, could swing as high as they want on the swing set and bedtimes would not exist. Talk about a sweet deal, right? When told this, however, they always disagree. "When you're an adult, all you want is to be a kid again." That seemed extremely grim, to spend all of your life wanting to be in a different part of it. Well kiddos, have no fear. It's not so bad after all.

1. Food is expensive.

Turns out food costs money, and if you want the good stuff, then it's not cheap!

2. Every meal, no big deal.

If you're obsessed with avocados, then feel free to put them on anything and everything. You really do get to eat whatever you want.

3. Everything closes when you get off work.

The pool, the gym and your favorite stores all keep the same hours you do. Guess that's all folks, until the weekend.

4. Free time is absolutely free.

There aren't tests to study for or essays to write at home. You get your free time, and you actually get to use it too. It's almost like you have more time.

5. Cooking is a hobby, not a chore.

It's one of those rare pastimes you get to enjoy during and after. Leftovers, anyone?

6. Sleep is valuable.

There may no longer be a bedtime enforcer, but you actually want to go to bed early! Your inner kid would be horrified.

7. That's your routine, and you're stickin' to it.

It may be referred to as the nine-to-five grind, but having a pattern to your day can be really nice. You feel productive and prepared.

8. Lunch or nap?

This one may be a little backwards too, but for those with a nice long lunch break, the urge to snooze is strong.

9. There's nothing as rewarding as pay day.

Unlike college, you are actually making money, not continually losing it. You can buy the big toys now.

10. You can have a fun time at work.

If you're lucky, then you'll work with some really great people. There's nothing wrong with a little bit of fun in the work day, especially when it comes to having a good laugh.

11. Adulthood can feel a lot like playing house at first.

And that's great! It was one of our favorite things to do as kids, so it can't be all bad.

Growing up and getting a job can be daunting, there's no arguing with that. It just happens that you also have time to live a little thing called your life, and you finally have the resources to do it. Here's to adulthood! You're going to have to enjoy it because retirement is a long way away.