11 Achievable Tips For A Better Semester

Cheers to a new semester and a fresh start!

24
beyondthebackgate

With a new year and a new semester beginning, it's time to make some resolutions and focus on bettering yourself throughout the upcoming semester.

1. Try to wake up on time.

Getting up can be difficult when your alarm is blaring at 8 a.m. on a Monday morning, but trying to avoid hitting the snooze button six times can get your day off to a better start by allowing you to have time for breakfast and a hot shower.

2. Remember to eat a real breakfast.

Breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day, and eating first thing in the morning will keep you from having that afternoon crash later on. And no, that slice of pizza and quick swig of milk while running out the door for your 8 a.m. class is not a real breakfast.

3. Drink less coffee and more water.

I know I'm guilty for testing my daily limit of coffee intake, but drinking less caffeine and more water will help with keeping energy up throughout the day!

4. Stick to a budget.

Planning out and budgeting the money you have to spend and save will make your life feel less stressed, and it'll help you plan for that study break to Ben & Jerry's with your friends!

5. Make use of your nice clothes.

Leggings, T-shirts and over-sized sweatshirts are extremely comfortable, but try wearing that cute blazer and skinny jeans one day! Looking your best can always help you feel your best.

6. Study smarter, not harder.

There are a ton of online tools for smarter studying, like Quizlet.com, and meeting friends to create a study group can be beneficial. Spending less time studying ineffectively will free up your evenings for more fun activities or binge-watching.

7. Procrastinate more efficiently.

As a college student, it's crazy to say, "Stop procrastinating," but doing it efficiently can keep you from super late, cram nights in the library. Plan ahead. Look at what deadlines need immediate attention and which ones can be put off until later; it'll help in the long run!

8. Finish assignments before going out.

Going out with friends is always a great time, but you'll enjoy yourself more if you finish all your assignments before a night on the town!

9. Get involved.

Finding a club or group that you really enjoy can help you feel more involved on campus!

10. Set goals and actually accomplish them.

If you use a planner religiously like me, write down your goals for the each month or week at the top of a page and cross them off as you reach them. It'll help you stay more focused on what you really want to get done.

11. Complain less and smile more!

College is a whirlwind of fun and stress. Remembering to complain less and smile more will make you feel better, even on the toughest days!