12 Times Ru Paul's Drag Race Described The First Year Of College

College is hard, but drag queens can make it look better.

55
Ew.com

College can be very hard, especially when it's just your first year. However, asserting yourself and being true to yourself helps to succeed in all of your remaining years. Here are just a few times that "Ru Paul's Drag Race" captured some of the core emotions of college students.

1. When you start your first year

Ru says it all with that. Whatever you major in, groups you get involved in, even what dorm you live in (or don't live in) can determine how the rest of your undergrad years and everything following will go.

2. When you go to your first day of classes

Trying to cheese it up and seem like the best student ever can definitely lead in your favor, especially when your professors give you extra help at the end of the semester!

3. When you first meet with others in a group project

You want an 'A,' but there's that one guy who doesn't care as long as he passes the class. No one like that guy, so sometimes pushing others forward a bit is all you need to do. Besides, everyone else in the group probably wants to do well too.

4. When you forget to do an assignment

That shock hits you like a train, and the worst part is that you can't do anything about it either. It's okay, it happens to almost everyone at some point and life will move on.

5. When the lecture goes over time

I'm all for learning, but sometimes that extra two minutes need to be spent elsewhere, like for getting food and naps.

6. When your professor extends the deadline

No one realizes how much they'd like that extra week until given that extra week. Whether you still push it off until the last minute, or you use the additional time to craft the best paper of your life, make sure it's time well-spent.

7. When that one person in class speaks

As much as you try to be nice, there will always be someone who grinds your gears. Sit quiet and make the best of it (if at all possible).

8. When there's a random event on campus

Whether it's the university band or your local protester (liberal and conservative alike) — random events on campus make life a little more interesting. From a Bowling Green perspective, this definitely includes 'Bible Bob'.

9. When people don't shower before class

I understand there aren't always enough hours in one day: but hygiene is a must. Whether it's an 8 o'clock, an 8pm-er, and especially that 6:30 a.m. field placement, please don't show up smelling like the dining hall dumpster, I beg you.

10. When someone talks over you in class

This happens to everyone at some point. It's okay to disagree with someone, but never to the point that you can't let them speak. Let people speak (even if they might be wrong).

11. When the dining hall tries (a little) too hard

I have to give it to them: they really, really try. However, we know some cobblers are just failed pies and some entrées are a few pinches of salt from a heart attack. As an on-campus person, however, I still appreciate you.

12. When it's exam week

Exams are no joke, and unless you share a class with one of your friends, you probably won't socialize too much. Study, study some more, and hope for the best. May the curve be ever in your favor.