11 Things You Remember From Growing Up In Warner Robins Georgia

E.D.I.M.G.I.A.F.A.D.

176
Skyler Alexander

Growing up in Warner Robins is a different type of experience. From finding some great friends, to be Georgia's international city, we take a lot for granted. Warner Robins is one of those cities that will never be matched. From having a multiple state football, baseball, softball, soccer, and many other champions, to always being ranked with some of the best schools, or the base that we all show support of.

1. Mexican is a weekly thing

Not everyone can eat Mexican every week or multiple times a week, but the El J's on 96 is definitely a hot spot for teenagers. We have at least 7 or more Mexican restaurant around the town, and we make our rounds.

2. Chic-fil-a is always an option

Chic-fil-a is good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if possible. Sundays are always saddening when you drive all the way out to pick up a #5 for dinner. Chic-fil-a is always the lunch of choice when you miss out on school. No one else can understand our love for Chic-fil-a.

3. Northside vs Warner Robins is a big deal

Northside High School and Warner Robins High School have been duking it out at the MAC (the football stadium for all of you non-Warner Robins natives) since their football teams were established. No matter if you're a Bear, Warhawk, or a Panthers you will be at the throw down between the Eagles and the Demons every year. One of the most hyped games of the year.

4. Most kids are military kids

With the Air Force base being a big part of our community going to any school you have a lot of "military brats". The kids that showed up for 1 or 2 years in your high school, or the one who talks about all the cool places they have traveled. Although it sometimes gets annoying we appreciate their sacrifice for our freedom.

5. Sonics are on every big street

On the main roads you have a Sonic. Sonic is the best after school hang out for high schoolers, and who could turn down their happy hour??? Sonic is also the place for the students to get out their energy after a big game at the MAC.

6. Everyone loves the S.E.C.

GO DAWGS is often the most heard chant here in Warner Robins, but with the occasional Gators (blehhhhh), or Go Tigers, or the rare Volunteers fan. If you do not understand football you must learn quickly. In the fall every breaks out the S.E.C. gear to represent their favorite team no matter their record.

7. Construction never ends

Not only is I-75 always under construction, but there is always some type of construction in Warner Robins. Highway 96 has been under construction for 2 years now with no end in sight. It also never fails that the roads they "repair" are the ones that need it the least.

8. Chipotle/Panera is a big deal

When Warner Robins got a Chipotle and Panera it was like Heaven was sent to us. Warner Robins went nuts. We have people from an hour away coming to us to eat at these restaurant. They never seem to have a slow time, because there is always a ton of people in them.

9. The fair is an everyday event

The Georgia National Fair comes to Perry every year, and with it being so close it is normal for us to go everyday after school. Teenagers get their group of friends together to go there right after school to be the hangout spot of the day. Every time you go half of Warner Robins is also there.

10. E.D.I.M.G.I.A.F.A.D.

In Warner Robins we are very thankful for the men and women who serve our country. The new Houston County Highschool/Veterans Highscool football field will be named Freedom Field, there are bushes on Watson Blvd. that are shaped in the letters "E.D.I.M.G.I.A.F.A.D." which stands for Every Day In Middle Georgia Is Armed Forces Appreciation Day, there is also recently been a water tower paint red, white, and blue with the same letters on it. With the military base the people of Warner Robins have become so thankful for their service.

11. Little League is a big deal

With the South Eastern Little League headquarters being in Warner Robins it has become an important part of our community. Most kids (especially boys) play baseball out at Little League qt some point in their career. Every year you can see the lights from the fields lighting up the night sky from miles away.

All of these things became part of your childhood, and you will never forget them. As you look back these things stick in your minds as some of the big reasons you are who you are. They say never forget where you came from, but how could you forget when you lived in a town like Warner Robins.