11 Things We Wish We Could Change About Shippensburg University

Where is the suggestion box for campus updates?

Everyone has a million great things to say about their college because if you don't love it, why are you here? However, there's always room for improvement. I'm not saying these things make Shippensburg University a less desirable school to go to, but if we had the chance to implement some change, the next 11 things would definitely make that list.

1. The heavy doors.

Even the doors in the elementary school on campus weigh a ton! Also, what's with the library doors? How come they're like a foot wide and only open halfway?

2. The weird stairs by Shippen.

Implement a ramp. Last year, they played an April Fool's joke on us and said they were going to replace the ridiculously wide stairs with a moving sidewalk, and we were all seriously bummed that they were kidding.

3. That class that could be from 3:30-4:45 p.m.

The 3:30 slot is when professors have meetings, clubs have socials, and no one wants to be in class. Eradicate this class time.

4. Kriner's limited hours.

If we wanted to eat at Reisner, we would choose Reisner. Kriner can't really be the finer diner if they're closed on weekends.

5. The random-roommate system.

We fill out those preferences on the housing portal, but where do they go? Random-roommate has seriously ruined some people's living situations. It wouldn't take much effort to create a more refined system. Make us fill out a survey or something!

6. "No string lights in the suites."

The key to the ultimate dorm room is string lights. Listen, I know it's a fire hazard, but I've never had to evacuate a building due to string lights. It's most microwave and smoking-related incidents. Let us have the lights!

7. Desire to Learn or Brightspace or whatever it's called now.

First of all, when I go to d2l.ship.edu, why does it ask if I want to log into Ship or Millersville? I'm at a Shippensburg web address. Second, d2l mobile is the worst application to have ever existed. Finally, when it crashes, professors and students lose everything; it's time to switch up the program.

8. The fact that you need a key to access the elevator in DHC.

The floors aren't even equal! Hiking up to the third floor is a sin. We should have an open elevator like Grove does.

9. Limited food options in the CUB.

Not that we don't totally love the fast food thing in the CUB food court, but some more options would be cool. More snacks, like soft pretzels or churros, anything small that we could meal, would be much appreciated.

10. The fact that we can't meal chips or bottled soft drinks.

If you can make a deal to meal Papa John's...why can't you make a deal with Pepsi to help bundle some of that stuff?

11. The inconsistency of room numbers in Old Main.

Look, if we have to go anywhere in Old Main, you better hope we don't get lost while we're there for official business. Why can't we keep all the evens and odds on the same sides?