11 Things We Will Never Forgive Shonda Rhimes For (Grey's)

The biggest heartbreaks of "Grey's Anatomy."

758
infogr.am

Last Thursday night, "Grey's Anatomy" came back on and we all opened up our hearts again, knowing good and well that our lives will be shattered at least 12 times before the season is over. We fall in love with the drama, romance, and craziness that goes along with "Grey's Anatomy" but most of all we fall in love with the characters. Because we love the characters, it has a great effect on us when they make bad decisions, when bad things happen to them, or when they die. I also want to say that I love Shonda Rhimes and I am so grateful that she gave us Grey's Anatomy, and this article is in no way meant to be offensive towards her. We love you Shonda! We're just still upset about:

1. George's Death

I mean he got hit by a bus for goodness sake. He comes in as a patient and is so unrecognizable from the accident that we don't even know it's George the whole time we're watching it. We're watching and thinking about the intervention everyone's going to give George about joining the army and then, boom, our world is shattered.

2. Izzie's Cancer

Everything about Izzie's cancer story-line was emotional. She starts seeing her dead husband everywhere and having conversations with him. We thought she was going crazy, and then Shonda hit us with the c word. For me, the worst part of Izzie's cancer was Alex. Alex really loved Izzie. They got married, he stuck by her through the cancer, she finally gets better, and then she leaves him. The cancer doesn't kill Izzie, she survives but then still leaves the show anyway and leaves poor, sweet Alex.The one time I actually would have been more satisfied with Shonda killing off a character, she doesn't do it.

3. The Shooting Episode

So. Many. Deaths. So many almost deaths. We thought Alex was gone, we thought Derek was gone, we thought we were gone. We were even sad about the people from Mercy West (that we just started to like a little bit) getting killed. After the incident was over, the characters had to do therapy sessions with the trauma counselor and I'm pretty sure all of watching needed it, too.

4. The Musical Episode

Seriously, what was the point of this? I am so confused as to what they were trying to do here. This was not a cutesy episode where they were trying something new to make it more interesting. This was an intense, one-of-the-main-characters-might-die episode. Pregnant Callie was in a car accident, we thought she might die, we thought she might lose the baby, and Owen's singing Chasing Cars. I laughed. Callie was about to die and I was laughing at the singing.

5. Cristina's Exit

Meredith and Cristina were the best friendship duo in the history of forever, and they sent Cristina to a foreign country. Actually, if Sandra Oh absolutely had to leave the show, Shonda did an awesome job with this. It left the door open for her to return, and for once she didn't kill anyone. I'm still mad Cristina is gone though.

6. Henry and Teddy

Did she have to kill Henry? No, she did not. After Henry's death, Teddy left the show anyway. She left the hospital to go work somewhere else. Henry could have easily left the show with her, happily married. I understand most people Shonda Rhimes kills off are because the actors are leaving the show, but in this case making Henry ride off into the sunset with Teddy would have been just as convinient and so much better.

7. Mark and Lexie

While we're talking about couples and killing people unnecessarily, let's talk about the most heartbreaking thing that Shonda Rhimes has ever done to me: killing Lexie Grey and Mark Sloan. They weren't even back together yet. Here we are waiting for the epic reunion of Mark and Lexie, and then they died tragically. It does make it a little better that Mark comforted Lexie as she died. In a twisted way it's also a little better that they died so close together, very Romeo and Juliet. However, my heart is still broken forever.

8. The Whole Plane Crash In General

Though Mark and Lexie were the only main characters that died in the plane crash, it still wreaked havoc on the rest of the characters. Meredith lost her sister, Arizona lost her leg, and Cristina lost her shoe. Everyone on the plane was deeply affected by the plane crash, as were the characters that weren't on the plane. The plane crash is definitely one of the most unforgivable things, if not the most unforgivable, that Shonda Rhimes has done.

9. Japril Losing Their Baby

Jackson and April were so very excited to have their first child, and so were we. Then our writer gives the baby a rare disease, and little Samuel dies not long after his birth. This was incredibly sad and heartbreaking, but what made it so much worse is that April just abandoned Jackson afterwards. She up and left the country. Yes, it was to help people and she left with the intent to come back to Jackson soon, but it ended up costing Japril their marriage. Not cool, Shonda.

10. Callie Leaving With Penny

Sara Ramirez wanted to leave the show. I get it. Shonda Rhimes had to do something for Callie to be able to leave and she graciously did not kill Callie and take yet another parent away from Sophia. But leaving with Penny?! It's not even the "she kind of killed Derek" thing that makes me hate Penny. She's annoying as a character, and as a Calzona fan I can't condone Callie being with anyone that's not Arizona. Plus, the Callie that I know would not uproot Sophia's whole life just to go run off with a girl that she basically just met.

11. The Death Of Derek Shepherd

This is the one on the list that you've been waiting for. She killed the main character. Meredith and Derek are "Grey's Anatomy". When someone hears "Grey's Anatomy" they automatically think of Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd, and he was killed off of the show. Shonda doesn't get the blame for this one, though. Patrick Dempsey decided to leave the show and Shonda Rhimes couldn't very well make our perfect couple split up and have Derek leave the show without Meredith. She did the best she could with what she was given, but there is still a huge Derek Shepherd sized hole in my heart.