11 Things That Happen When Your Birthday Is In December

There are some major pros and cons of having a birthday in December.

540
Meme Generator

December is hands down my favorite month. It's the month which holds my birthday and my favorite holiday, Christmas. But having your birthday in December has some perks and some disadvantages:

1. If you're in college, you might have finals on your birthday.

Nothing puts a damper on your day like having to rush to finish a paper or having to take an exam on the one day out of the year that is dedicated to you. I guess getting the final done will just be another thing to celebrate...

2. Your birthday presents are likely to be wrapped in Christmas-themed paper.

I can probably count the presents that I've received on one hand that were not wrapped in some kind of Christmas wrapping paper.

3. You get joint birthday and Christmas presents.

One of the biggest negatives of Christmas birthdays would definitely have to be receiving one present and having people tell you "Happy Birthday" and "Merry Christmas" at the same time.

4. People are constantly telling you, "Oh it must suck to have a December birthday."

It kinda does, but it's honestly more annoying hearing that phrase on repeat.

5. Your friends and family forget your birthday if you don't remind them.

I constantly have to remind everyone that my birthday is coming up because it's the busiest time of the year and it's the last thing on everyone's minds.

6. Everyone is always too busy with holiday and end of the year activities to celebrate your birthday.

Yet again, it's the busiest time of the year because of the holiday and because of that, people have too much on their plates to celebrate.

7. You have to wait all year to get presents and then it all happens at once.

I've always been jealous of birthdays in June because you get presents halfway through the year rather than having to wait all year long to get any presents. One perk though is, if there's something you want that would normally be out of reach, it's the one time you can count a gift for both your birthday and Christmas.

8. Scheduling your birthday party is impossible.

There are finals and holiday parties to plan around and that makes it almost impossible to find a day with all your friends or family to celebrate.

9. If your birthday is on Christmas, you're likely to feel invisible all day.

If your birthday falls on the 25th, you're likely to be overshadowed by someone else's birthday that a lot of people celebrate.

10. Snow is likely to ruin any plans you're able to make.

If by some chance, you're able to make plans for your birthday and you live somewhere where winter actually occurs, it's likely that snow or ice could ruin your plans.

11. When the Christmas tree gets put up before your birthday and you get overshadowed.

Nothing puts you in the Christmas mood more than a Christmas tree with lights. But nothing puts you in less of a birthday mood than seeing a Christmas tree up in the living room. Luckily for me, my mom always waited to put the tree up until after my birthday, so I at least had that going for me.