11 Things That Happen When You Are One Of The Boys
popular

It's a blessing and a curse.

16121

Being one of the guys is the best and worst thing to happen to you. No one ever knows if you're single and every guy you come into contact with gets a background check, but you're lucky enough to have a support system that will always be a phone call away and a consistent wing man.

1. You are not treated like a girl

The line of "friend that's a girl" and "girlfriend" is very clear when you become one of the guys. They don't make any special accommodations for you just because you're a girl. They don't care if the house is dirty or they're dirty. You are in the conversation talking about other girls vulgarly and having input on which girl is hotter. They will tell you like it is and won't sugarcoat anything, like yes that shirt does make you look fat. You never have to impress them by doing your hair or makeup. They might even mistake you for a boy without your "going out mask" on. Just kidding, they're the only boys that see you without make up.

2. Everyone asks if you are dating one of them

You say I love you, bicker, take pictures and hangout all the time...seems like an easy mistake to make. No, grandma that boy in the picture is not my boyfriend. You have to make it clear to the rest of the world that you are single. Them giving you a t-shirt to wear automatically looks like you did the walk of shame. I should just wear a sign that says "these are my guy friends clothes I swear."

3. You have sleepovers on the reg

Its not uncommon to crash at their place after a night out every once in a while. Or every night. You may or may not have a spare toothbrush left there. You waking up next to one of them doesn't scare you because you know nothing would ever happen. Netflix and chill is literally Netflix and chill. Occasional spoon sesh.

4. You start to talk like them

Just like with accents, after you are around someone for a while, you pick up on their mannerisms and sayings. You start saying things that only they say and even things that only their fraternity says. And if you say it around anyone besides them, the response is "I've never heard a girl say that."

5. There are no boundaries

Sex. Periods. Bodily Functions. Details you could've lived your whole life without knowing.

6. Your video games skills improve

You don't want to be that girl, but it just has to happen. In order to save your sanity of watching them play video games for hours, you have to learn how to play. Now getting them to teach you how to play is another story. In the long run, it will help you impress a guy with how well you can play Super Smash Bros.

7. Guy advice about guy problems

What's better advice to get about why he didn't call you than to ask a guy? Knowing what a guy is thinking and his perspective can ease those 50,000 scenarios in your head of why he hit you with the read receipts.

8. Brothers you didn't plan on having

Not only do you have friends, but now you have brothers. They fight with you, pick on you and call you names, but if a boy makes you cry, they're ready to defend you. You can use them to help you move in because you don't feel like lifting things and feel obligated to go support them at sporting events. Most importantly, they are very protective over you.

9. You're automatically a "groupie" of their fraternity

Let's face it, those other fraternities didn't stand a chance. When you hangout with guys in the same frat, it's inevitable you will meet all of their friends and eventually know almost every person in the fraternity. Maybe even being told you should just be in the frat yourself.

10. You have the most fun when you are with them

No matter what you are doing that night, whether it's hanging out or going to a party, there is no doubt that a show will be put on. They're your go-to drinking buddy and will not be embarrassed of your dancing. They're always down to get food and remind you that calories don't matter.

11. The Exception

No matter how much of a "guy" you are, you still won't poop in their house and talk about it. Yes, girls poop.