We've all been there, done that, and regretted every moment of it. 8am classes may seem like a good idea at first (or a last ultimatimum to get in one last class or requirement), but as the semester goes on, you can feeling your soul slowly rapidly dying. The only way to survive the semester of an 8am class is to painstakingly push through...or chug a bunch of coffee right before class.

So here are eleven things that any student who has taken an 8am experiences at some point. And reminders to vow never (hopefully) to take another 8am again.

1. Getting to campus when it's still dark

It only gets worse as the semester goes on.

2. Sleeping a little longer than usual and rushing to class

Those multiple alarm thing, it's real. Just try not to sleep through them all, otherwise you'll be rushing to class because you can't find a parking spot. But when you do...

3. Finding a perfect parking spot

It's feels like you just one the lottery, especially when it's closer to where you have to be at 8am.

4. Skipping breakfast because it's too early (and you're too rushed or tired) to eat

Sometimes, if I magically wake up early enough, I'll make myself a small breakfast. But many times, I'm running too behind to so I may or may not have time to buy on campus, otherwise I've got to wait a few hours until I can finally find time to eat after class(es).

5. Basically wearing pajamas to class

Sometimes I'll just wear the leggings and t-shirt I slept in to class and just throw on a jacket or something. But I've also seen others wear actual pajamas, so yeah.

6. Getting that "class canceled" email and feeling like you won the lottery because you can sleep longer

This has only happened once to me, but it was such a blessing being able to wake up after sunrise and go to a later class to start my day.

7. Not being able to cram in any uncompleted work before class

If I get to campus early, I have maybe thirty minutes to cram in studying or homework due that day. And if I don't get to campus early and I have to rush unprepared into my 8am? Welp, I'm screwed.

8. Actually waking up without being tired and feeling like you have your life together for once

This is such a rare occasion, but wow, when it does happen, it makes me feel great. And then I think to myself, maybe I actually can survive an 8am. They're not so bad! I'm gonna sign up for more! But the next 8am, when I'm on the verge of falling sleep, I remember how shitty they tend to be.

9. Napping and dozing off in class

My teacher says he hates when students do this--and I've gotten many annoyed looks from him when my eyelids droop, my neck looks down, or I constantly yawn or rub my eyes--but it's a freaking 8am. What would you expect? Us bouncing off the walls? Not at all.

10. Not understanding half of what's happening in class because you're so tired

If someone asked me what I learned after I walked out of the class, I'd have no idea what I could tell you. Half the time I'm dozing off or thinking about why I even signed up for this or counting the slow minutes until class is out and I can relax. Yet somehow, I'm not failing?

11. Continuously asking yourself why you were crazy enough to sign up for an 8AM

I ask myself this pretty much everyday. Fortunately mine's only twice a week, but will I ever sign up willingly for another again? I'll try my hardest not to.