11 Things Our Children Won't Get To Experience

9. Going to Blockbuster.

41
Unsplash

It's interesting and sometimes sad to think about how different of a childhood our kids will have compared to our own. While some changes are obviously for the better, I really hope my own kids would rather play outside than playing games on an iPad. These are a few things I wish my future kids could experience:

1. Landline phones.

I remember calling my best friends in 4th and 5th grade on the landline phone and I could NOT wait to have my own cell phone.

2. Disposable Cameras.

I loved taking pictures on disposable cameras until I found out a few days later the pictures came out awful, or I would completely forget to get the pictures developed.

3. VHS.

However, I don't miss having to manually rewind the tapes after watching my favorite movie.

4. Ringing the doorbell.

Nowadays, everyone just sends an "I'm here," text.

5. CD players.

They won't have to buy a whole album just for one or two songs they really like.

6. The phone book.

I can still remember looking up my friends' phone numbers in the Yellow Pages phone book.

7. Chalkboards.

I remember when my elementary school had chalkboards and then one year they were all replaced with whiteboards.

8. Learning Pluto was a "planet."

They won't know Pluto as the 9th planet in the solar system.

9. Going to Blockbuster.

Now they will just go on Netflix or Hulu to watch a movie instead of going to a Blockbuster to rent a movie. I miss wandering around Blockbuster and finding good movies.

10. Riding bikes around the neighborhood for hours.

Now kids are glued to iPads or attached to video games.

11. Listening to music on MP3 players.

They won't have to wait forever to download a single song from Limewire.

Looking back on all these aspects of my childhood is very nostalgic and makes me miss it! I guess in some ways we can recreate some of these experiences for our kids in the future.