11 Disney World Treats Worthy Of Your Next Food Coma

Must-have magical food.

86
Kathleen Marie Messmer

Two words: Disney World. The happiest place on Earth! Call me a child at heart, Disney is one of my favorite places in the world! How can you not be happy when you are in such a magical place? Why would you not want to feel like a kid again? From the rides to the parades, to the fireworks, it's all amazing! Honestly though, one of my favorite parts of Disney World is the outstanding food!

Literally, any food you could imagine is right at your fingertips. World famous churros, Mickey Mouse Waffles, and the array of global cuisine at Epcot are just a few of the "must haves" you can experience at Disney World. Here are 9 of my favorite and "must have" foods that will make your Disney experience even more magical.

1. Mickey Waffles

Of course, you have to try a Mickey Mouse Waffle. These waffles are a classic Disney tradition, something everyone must experience on their vacation. You can get these nearly anywhere in the park, but Chef Mickey's is the prime spot for these bad boys. No, they are not just waffles in the shape of Mickey Mouse. There are iconic, nostalgic, and of course, delicious!

2. Tonga Toast

This toast is everything you could imagine and more. You much experience this incredible, mouth-watering breakfast at the Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesia. Two thick, fluffy pieces of bread stuffed with bananas, lightly fried to a golden brown, topped with delicious cinnamon sugar. Need I say more?

3. Carmel Corn

For all you caramel lovers out there, you have to try this divine treat. Available at Karamell-Kuche in Epcot, this caramel corn will melt in your mouth. Made with Werther's caramel this golden, buttery, and delicious popcorn will not disappoint.

4. The Kitchen Sink

Yeah, I'll just leave this here. (available at Beaches and Cream)

5. Pineapple Dole Whip

I am a huge pineapple fan. If you are too, this is right up your alley. The Pineapple Dole Whip from Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom is a fan favorite. Creamy vanilla soft serve with pineapple flavor swirled in, dowsed in pineapple juice is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth on a hot summer day.

6. Tacos

Hands down the best tacos I have ever had. These chicken tacos from La Cantina De San Angel in Epcot are every taco lovers dream. Pair them with a side of rice and some salsa and your Mexican food cravings will undoubtedly be satisfied. To enhance your Mexican cuisine experience, find a seat outside the pavilion and enjoy the mariachi band along with your tacos!

7. Frushi

Each spring, Epcot hosts its annual Flower and Garden Festival. Along with the festival, small pop-up restaurants appear throughout the park. One of the "must have" items during this festival is the amazing Frushi from the Japanese kiosk. Sushi made of fruit? YES PLEASE!

8. Churros

One of the most famous treats in Disney World is the flaky, crispy churros! Hot and fresh, these churros are heavenly. These delightful cinnamon churros are so deliciously sweet, they are sure to make your vacation that much sweeter!

9. Be Our Guest Restaurant

It doesn't matter what you eat here, as long as you do. This Beauty and the Beast inspired restaurant is a replica of the Beast's castle. Not only is the restaurant itself enchanting, but the food will enchant you as well. And of course, for dessert, you must try the grey stuff!

10. Pizza

Who doesn't love pizza?! I know what you're thinking, I can get pizza anywhere. But you can't get it like this. Available at Via Napoli in Epcot, this pizza is truly fresh, Italian pizza. You haven't tasted a good pizza until you have tried this Italian cuisine.

11. ANYTHING MICKEY!

What is more Disney than Mickey food? If you vacation at Disney World, you trip is not complete until you have a Mickey shaped snack! (yes, this can include Mickey Waffles) These treats will truly get you in the Disney spirit, making for an unforgettable trip.