11 Things Soon-To-Be Graduates Think As Told By Andy Dwyer

Parks and Recreation's lovable goofball can perfectly sum up how it feels to be a college senior.

53

Your senior year of college is a whirlwind of late nights, early mornings and way too much coffee. Between updating your resume and using LinkedIn more than Facebook you try to squeeze in those last few "college experiences". Graduation is near and your unknown future can make you lose touch with reality just a little bit. Getting a crash course in how to survive outside your college town is a unique experience - so who better to describe this wild time than Andy Dwyer of Parks and Recreation? Here are 11 things soon-to-be graduates think, further illustrated by the always lovable Andy/Burt Macklin.

1) "What is a cover letter?"

Think your resume is awesome and complete on its own? WRONG. You now have to write a humble letter that describes how great you are.

2) "What is business casual? Do I have to dress up for this?

Building your professional wardrobe is one of the biggest bummers out there and figuring out how to dress appropriately is like solving a riddle.

3) "Can I put that I'm really nice on my resume? It's one of my best features so I feel like I can..."

No, you can't and it's really unfortunate.

4) "Networking is hard and I have no idea how to make small talk."

It would probably be a good idea to learn some conversation topics, and possibly start keeping up with current events. As in, you really need to.

5) "I wish people would stop asking me what I'm doing after graduation."

It's just as much of a surprise for you at this point, and you still don't have an answer for anyone. (Does any senior though? Really?)

6) "My LinkedIn profile strength is at "All Star" - being an adult is so easy."

As long as your profile looks good, no one can tell you're stress eating pizza behind the screen!

7) "WHY IS THIS SO STRESSFUL?"

You feel sad/frustrated/stressed/angry that the process of going from college to the workforce is so weirdly awful and also great.

8) "Why am I crying?"

This is a high pressure time, so tears will fall for no reason (and sometimes very good reasons). Accidentally kill a bug walking to class? Prepare for waterworks.

9) "You get health insurance when you get a job? What is a 401k? Who knew you could go on conferences and still get paid?"

Hearing about benefits for potential jobs for the first time sounds like someone is speaking a foreign language that revolves around money - and you're into it.

10) "If I use big words will this potential contact in my field think I'm smart?"

If you don't know what it means, probably don't say it out loud for the first time to someone you'd like to work for.

11) "Please hire me."

If your resume and qualifications don't help you get a job, surely your desperation will.

Although Andy Dwyer may not have any rock solid tips on how to get your dream job, his character does offer one piece of golden life advice: be yourself and work hard. You may not land your first choice job right out of college or always pay your bills on time the first go round, but if you live like Andy you'll be pretty darn happy anyways.