The 11 Best Things About Fall

The 11 Best Things About Fall

I'm falling for Fall.

38
The 11 Best Things About Fall
That They Might Know Thee

Fall: one of the best seasons we have. And I would probably say the best (but I might be a tad biased...). Anyways, I think we can agree that fall is a fun and beautiful season. I mean it's during Halloween and the weather cools off (something us Southerners never thought would happen). I mean honestly how could you not like fall? It's not too hot or too cold. It feels great outside and it looks even prettier. So here are a few things I'm looking forward to during my favorite season this year <3.

1. THE WEATHER: I grew up in the South and go to college in the South. You might say that one should be used to the heat-filled awful weather but honestly every summer tests me a little more about how much I can handle it (and that is why I spend most of my summers up North). This has to be one of the reasons I think I love fall: because of the weather. Its changing from (what feels like) 1,000 degree days to cooler crisps days. It feels so good and the best thing about it is not sweating when walking from one side of campus to the other <3.

2. The Leaves: Okay, I'm a lover of the leaves changing colors. Like I think some of the prettiest pictures are ones of fall when the leaves are falling to the ground and are beautifully changed to orange, brown, green, yellow and red. I mean how could any other season beat something this beautiful?

UGH SO BEAUTIFUL I COULD CRY.

3. Fall Fashion: The more scarfs and vests you have in your closet the better. Right...? Maybe that is just me. But you can't deny that fall fashion is some of the cutest. You can easily dress it up or down.

4. ABC Family (Freeform now) 13 nights of Halloween: This is the greatest thing on tv and maybe one of the reasons why I am obsessed with fall and Halloween. I'm also pumped for Disney to play all the old Halloween movies (Halloweentown & Hocus Pocus!!!) and repeats of Halloween episodes of That's So Raven and The Sweet Life Of Zach and Cody. (Here is a link to the whole list.)

5. Halloween!!!!: If you can tell, it's one of my favorite holidays and one of the best (and yes I consider it a holiday). It a fun night full of candy, friends, being something you aren't for a night, pumpkins, scary movies and Halloween parties. Ugh I love it so much. Guys, a month and five days left until Halloween. Get pumped people!!!!!

6. Football: Okay, I know football season is fully underway, but us in the SEC can't really enjoy it until fall. It is so hot and kinda dangerous actually to be out there in the sun for five hours. But trust me, once it gets a little cooler you'll see fans stay the whole time and not just for the first half before giving up to go back to their house/dorm to watch it in the AC.

7. Pumpkin Spiced Everything: So personally I'm not the biggest pumpkin eater (or drinker, @pumpkin Spice Latte) but I LOVE the smell of pumpkin and think it's the best thing in the world (Bath and Body Works, and Yankee Candle have the best). There is nothing better then walking into a house and having it smell like pumpkin spice.

8. Thanksgiving: Big fan over here. Celebrating what we are thankful and blessed with. Fall, Family, Food and Football. What could anyone want more then that? Plus, The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the dog show after. Honestly It is one of my favorite holidays (tied with Halloween). Oh and don't forget about Black Friday after :)))).

9. Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes: This is one of the most fun things do to during fall. It's an inexpensive thing to do and it's fun for everyone of all ages! I've been going to the pumpkin patch since before I can remember and I still go with family and friends every fall. I mean getting lost in the mazes and carving your freshly picked pumpkin. What could be more fun then that? This website lets you find your nearest pumpkin patch and all the ones in your state.

10. Bonfires: Literally nothing is better then a cool fall night with a bonfire, s'mores, and hot chocolate with friends. Cuddle up by the fire with friends and play some music. Its the best.

11. And last but not least, Day Light Savings Time: I hate that it gets dark early but man I'm a lover of sleep (pretty sure it's my favorite thing in the world and would rather be doing it 24/7), so getting an extra hour of sleep is like a gift from the Gods above. So remember, on November 6th, don't forget to set your alarms back an hour :)

So those are a few of the things I'm most excited for this fall! Now I'm ready for mother nature to realize it's fall and for the cooler weather to get here!