11 Tastiest Vegan Trader Joe's Products

11 Tastiest Vegan Trader Joe's Products

A quick list of the best specialty vegan foods that Trader Joe's offers.

105
11 Tastiest Vegan Trader Joe's Products
Wikipedia

As a vegan Trader Joe's is a god send, and something that I am so happy has found a home in Portland Maine. I do 90% of my shopping here, due to the friendly employees, the many delicious vegan foods, and how inexpensive it is. When shopping at the local Hannaford I could spend $100 on food for a week, only for me! That is outrageous as a college student, who happens to be broke. I spend half of that at the local TJ's and can get some really awesome foods. Let me explain...

1. Spicy Dill Potato Chips

Yes, these are the real deal. I have an obsession with dill flavored things and these are on a whole other level. The spice isn't too spicy and the flavor of dill is deliciously overwhelming. It's difficult to open the bag and just have a few, fair warning.

2. Sriracha Backed Tofu

I am a vegan who really doesn't like tofu...I know weird. For me the texture of tofu weirds me out paired with its really bland flavor is a big no no for me. This changed the game however. This tofu is super firm (no spongy grossness), and has a delicious kick. I use these in fresh spring rolls and it adds the best flavors with fresh veggies. 10/10 would recommend.

3. Mango Jicama Slaw

This is the perfect busy-person food. Everything is already cut up for you and even comes with a yummy lime mango vinaigrette. This "slaw" is super refreshing and also really good for you. Jicama is a Mexican yam bean that resembles a turnip. Vegan or not, this is a must try!

4. Vegetable Biryani

If you are a fan of Indian food that can be made in 5 minutes or less, this is the dish for you. As a college student, some nights I don't have the time to make a delicious dinner and it's nice to have some of these in the freezer ready to go. They have these tiny little dumplings in the rice dish that are so good, and are the perfect consistency.

5. Cookie and Cocoa Swirl

Holy *%#$ this is the best thing I've ever tried. If you have a craving for chocolate that tastes like Nutella and peanut butter mixed together, this is the spread for you. I put this on toast, in my oatmeal or take in a big spoonful when I'm feeling especially shameful.

6. Sour Gummies

If you haven't caught on yet, I have a serious sweet tooth, and these are no help with the addiction. Most gummies are made with gelatin which is not vegan (gelatin is made from boiling the skin, bones and cartilage of animals, YUM!), but these have no such thing and taste just like Sour Patch Kids.

7. Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls

My mouth was watering when I uploaded this photo into my article. These are delicious and no one would even know they lack any animal products. This is a product that I like to call "accidental vegan", meaning I don't believe that the producers meant to make these vegan, but they sure did come out good!

8. Vegan Mandarin Orange Chicken

These were surely brought to us from heaven. Do you miss Panda Express's Orange Chicken? Because I sometimes do, but these are just as good if not better. You could serve these up to a non-vegan with some rice and they wouldn't know even know the difference.

9. Falafel

Another amazing product I feel was made for me (and others maybe). These can be heated within seconds in the microwave and are great on salads. The lack of effort it takes to make these should seriously be a crime, not to mention how delicious they are.

10. Brownie Crisps

For someone who has a gluten sensitivity and is vegan, these are the perfect treat. They have a great crunch and are very chocolatey with huge chocolate chunks. These may last you a day or so, maybe two if you have any self-control.

11. Pad Thai, Kung Pao and Peanut Satay

This is an awesome product that I feel people often overlook. I sometimes bring these to work if I don't feel like making lunch for that day and they taste great and are very filling.