11 Struggles Only Cashiers Know

11 Struggles Only Cashiers Know

Some of the most common problems cashiers run into during the work day.

128
11 Struggles Only Cashiers Know
cashier-young-couple-groceries-1. “

Working in the customer service business is not always easy. If you are or have ever been a cashier, you have definitely experienced these 11 problems and can totally relate.

1. When a customer hands you a $100 bill and says, "I just printed this today," along with all their other hilarious jokes. Like when something doesn't scan the first time, "It must be free, right?"

It's practically written in your employee handbook to laugh at all their bad jokes that you've heard a million times.

2. When customers continue to come to your line after you turn your light off and put up a closed sign, but ask "are you open?" when your light is on, there is no closed sign up and you're standing there ready.

3. When a customer finds out an item is $0.05 more than they thought it was.

4. Smiling through the pain of dealing with a rude customer.

5. When a customer decides to give you the change after you ran it through, and you have to do the math in your head.

Like, why didn't you say something sooner?!

6. When you have 5 minutes until you clock out and someone starts walking towards your register with 250+ items.

Of course they have a very specific way to pack it as well.

7. When a customer runs out to their car to grab their wallet and you're stuck waiting there.

Even worse, they get upset when they come back because you took the next person in line to keep your line moving.

8. That feeling of satisfaction when a rude customer asks to see the manager, and the manager tells them EXACTLY what you just said.

9. You practically crawl out of your skin when a creepy customer calls you by the name on your name tag.

10. When a customer decides to tell you their whole life story and you have a line starting to grow.

That's great, but I'm kind of busy, trying to do my job here.

11. That warm feeling you get when a customer understands and says, "Its not your fault, you're just doing your job."

There ARE customers that aren't total divas.