11 Struggles All Extroverts Know All Too Well

"What do mean you can't hang out?"
222

I've been an extreme extrovert my entire life. I'm the girl with tons of friends, and no, this isn't necessarily because I am popular. It just means I am not afraid to talk to people. According to Urban Dictionary, the most reliable dictionary out there (yes, that was dripping with sarcasm), extrovert means "Assholes who don't know when to shut their goddamn mouth. Sadly they make up most of the population on Earth." We are the outgoing type, sociable people, and sometimes even the life of the party. Here is a list of 11 things all extroverts know:

1. New friends always think you are "too clingy" in the beginning.

This is just because you are always initiating plans with them because you love getting to know people and hanging out with anyone and everyone.

2. It takes forever to walk anywhere.

When I leave to go to class, I leave my room with extra time because I am always stopped by people on the paths. I just see someone I know and we stop and talk for a bit. I can't walk anywhere without knowing someone. I went on a wilderness adventure hiking in the Poconos in PA. I ran into someone I knew...

3. When you wanna hang out every night but no one if free.

It's like this: You get your work done in the groups of people while you hang out earlier in the day but then all of them need to go off and do theirs because they couldn't get it done in a group.

4. You are happier and energized when you are around people.

When I am alone I just lie around and do nothing, I have no motivation to do anything. With people though, I am excited and ready to do all sorts of things. I need to be with people, it’s the only way I can function.

5. You are often the center of attention whether you like it or not.

Being the life of the party has its perks, but it also means that everyone is watching you and listening to you. Hopefully, you have developed excellent story-telling skills so you entertain them about your adventures in life.

6. Everyone thinks you are a "teacher's pet" because you talk a lot in class

No, it’s because awkward silence is so uncomfortable for everyone. I would rather answer the question wrong than sit in silence. Plus your likely have some input that you want to share with everyone, a different perspective to the table.

7. You have a tendency to adopt introverts and take them under your wing.

It is hard to understand that some people get tired of being around people too long. You try to help them befriend more people so they have more people to hang out with when needed. It also means that when it’s just the two of you hanging out it isn't overwhelming for them and you still have someone to connect with.

8. The friendship groups are made up of different types of people.

Since you love being with people and talking to anyone, you draw in every walk of life. You do not judge and you are willing to talk with anyone, so your friend groups are very different. There are times, however, when you try to bring them all together and it just gets weird. But you bring people together nonetheless!

9. People come to you to talk about their problems.

You are the approachable one and you have lots of friends so you might have more life experience or at least have seen a lot of things happen to people over the years. People trust you and know that they can talk to you about anything because you enjoy talking and you generally care deeply for them.

10. You step up and be a leader.

You have no problem taking control and talking to people, public speaking isn't so difficult because you are used to talking to a lot of people anyway. Someone has to take control, right? So you step up to the plate and fulfill the role.

11. You are constantly talking to people.

Even though you might be with friends, you have a lot of friends that you constantly keep in contact with. This means your social media is often blowing up your phone. Don't want to leave anyone waiting too long for your reply!