Struggles College Students Face

11 Struggles College Students Face Every Day

Or maybe these are just my struggles...

80
Theresa Carcaldi

Ah, college. What a beautiful yet confusing and slightly terrifying experience. There are definitely the high notes, but there are also certainly moments where all of us college kids are riding the #strugglebus. Here are 11 of those moments:

Getting up for an 8 a.m. class

The struggle. is. real, people. When you've been up all night doing homework and going to club meetings, the last thing you want to do is wake up at the crack of dawn. Good thing pajamas are a mildly acceptable form of clothing for 8 a.m.s (and 8 a.m.s only).

Making a nutritious meal is hard  and expensive :/

It's like, I'm in Stop n' Shop, and apples and peppers are on sale. Sweet, right? But, I've only bought like two produce items and suddenly my shopping bill is triple my budget. Also, just finding the time to make a real meal is tough, so often it's much easier for students to just throw a cup of noodles in the microwave and call it a day. Also, cookies for lunch? Yes.

Night class is also just hard to go to :/

Your friends: Wanna go to dinner? Watch The Bachelor? Go out?

You: UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *drags self to night class for two and a half hours*

You know you should drink water, but then someone walks out of Starbucks with a venti iced coffee and you feel like this is a sign from God himself.

Your body is begging you to drink a droplet of water, but your soul needs the coffee. Get the coffee.

Going out is fun, but your bank account doesn't agree.

You bring the absolute minimum: $4 for two cab rides, and $5 for the cover. When a cab wants $3, you wait for the $2 cab. Always. Buying a drink inside the bar is a luxury you don't get to partake in. Unless you plan on walking all the way home.

Doing homework is also just, like, a daily struggle.

Due today = do today, right? #procrastinationstation

If you don't have a car...you're basically screwed or constantly begging friends for rides.

It's either you wait three days until your friend is free to take you to the grocery store when you've already run out of food, or you waste three hours on public transportation to go five miles down the road. Take your pick, car-less friends.

Exhaustion is a constant in your life.

When you combine three classes a day with endless amounts of assignments and tests, club meetings, part-time jobs, and just like, your overall health and social life, it seems you don't need eight hours of sleep: you need eight years.

It's also hard to get alone time @ my fellow introverts

You love spending time with people, but us introverts need our alone time. We need a good recharge after being around people all day. But when you have a roommate the first few years, that can be tough.

The daily life crisis you experience usually revolves around what the hell you're going to do after graduation (which, for my fellow seniors, is rapidly approaching).

And do we have an answer to that crisis? Nope.

But, no matter how often you ride the #strugglebus, you're grateful for your education and know it's all going to be worth it when you're rich and famous and successful. :)

Booyah. Get that degree, people. You got this.