11 Songs You Forgot You Loved In Middle School

The forgotten playlist of the early 2000's.

42
In Colors Club

Middle school was a weird time. We were trying to figure out our identities, despite our undoubtable awkwardness. We were emotional, we were curious and we were overflowing with hormones. In the quest to find ourselves, we turned to music. Here is a list of songs that defined those years that you had sadly repressed from your memories.

1. "How Do I Feel" by Hoku

Also known as "The Burrito Song," this song became an anthem for getting over our crushes. Plus, Hoku was a ~surfer~ chick, and we idolized her.

Stand-Out Lyric: "Then I smiled like I knew that someday we'd be together, and together we were for a while."

2. "Tell Me" by Smilez and Southstar

This was a lesser known gem of middle school. This one-hit-wonder allowed us to daydream as adults with *real* relationship issues. Even though we hadn't even had our first kiss, we knew that some day, our relationships would be "like like."

Stand-Out Lyric: "We had all them things that those other couples fiend: love, trust, good sex, and security."

3. Any BBMak Song

While their major hit was "Back Here," which played on repeat on Disney Channel for a while, "Out of my Heart" was always my personal favorite.

Stand-Out Lyric: "There's this feeling inside I want you to know. You are the one and I can't let you go."

4. "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte

This song introduced us to the idea of teenage angst. We played it excessively loud in our rooms or on our Walkman CD Player, resenting society for trying to define us.

Stand-Out Lyric: "I don't ever wanna be you, don't wanna be just like you."

5. "Boys" by Britney Spears

Not only was this song catchy, and a representation of B. Spears's "bad girl" side, but it was also in an Austin Powers movie!

Stand-Out Lyric: "You're a sexy guy, I'm a nice girl. Let's turn this dance floor into our own little nasty world."

6. "What's Luv" by Fat Joe ft. Ashanti & Ja Rule

It was just so catchy!

Stand-Out Lyric: "It should be about us, it should be about trust, babe."

7. "Animals" by Nickelback

This could be the most inappropriate song for a middle schooler to listen to, but that's why we loved it so much! We were *s0* bAd.

Stand-Out Lyric: "As I try to tell her dad it was her mouth that I was kissin'"

8. "Magic Stick" by Lil Kim ft. 50 Cent

Almost as inappropriate as the song above, but at least it uses really bad metaphors.

Stand-Out Lyric: "This junk in my trunk ain't made for chumps."

9. "Girl All The Bad Guys Want" by Bowling for Soup

We totally understood what it was like to be head over heels for someone we just couldn't have.

Stand-Out Lyric: "She'll never know that I'm the best that she'll never have."

10. "Star are Blind" by Paris Hilton

This song was absolute perfection. That's all.

Stand-Out Lyric: "I don't find too many guys that treat me like you do."

11. First Date by Blink 182

Even though this song was more or less a satire of being an adolescent, we totally *got* it.

Stand-Out Lyric: "When you smile, I melt inside. I'm not worthy for a minute of your time."

Middle school was weird. From watching MTV Jams all night to skating around a roller rink at a birthday party, music was always there for us, regardless of our bowl cuts, braces and bad decisions.