11 Songs For Your Empowerment Playlist

11 Songs For Your Empowerment Playlist

Everyone needs a little girl power in the morning.

6
11 Songs For Your Empowerment Playlist
Family Hearing and Balance Center

Girls rule the world (everyone knows that by now), but some days we need a friendly reminder of just how amazing we really are. We're strong, beautiful, smart, and unique in each of our own ways.

Whether you're looking for a kick-start to the day, motivation to hit the gym or some other inspiration, these empowering tunes are the perfect addition to your "Girl Power" playlist!

1. "Most Girls" by Hailee Steinfeld

"You know some days you feel so good in your own skin
But it's okay if you wanna change the body that you came in
'Cause you look greatest when you feel like a damn queen."

This song has become my theme song whenever I'm at the gym, or getting discouraged in my fitness journey. It's a great reminder that, even though I'm pushing myself to look and feel better, I'm still beautiful.

Ladies, we come in all shapes and sizes. We are capable of more than we realize. Nobody can make you feel less strong, smart and beautiful than you are unless you give them permission.

2. "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

"Color my hair, do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free, yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!"

You know, the best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun! Sometimes it's fun to just let your hair down and forget about the mundane responsibilities of humdrum life.

3. "Reflection" by Fifth Harmony

"Ooh you can get it, anything you want
And can't nobody ever tell you no
Don't need no filters on pictures before you post 'em on the gram
Shut down the internet they don't even understand."

Most of Fifth Harmony's music is oozing with girl power and you should add all of it. You'll walk away from their music ready to show the world just what you're capable of.

While there's a fine line between arrogance and confidence, the latter is the best accessory there is. Whether it's a more extroverted confidence or a quiet one, it will get you far in life.

4. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga

"'There's nothing wrong with loving who you are'
She said, 'Cause He made you perfect, babe'
So hold your head up, girl and you'll go far."

Honestly, what kind of list would this be without Gaga's mega hit "Born This Way?" This song made waves in every community possible, women and men alike.

This is everyone's anthem, whether you're an outcast or the in the in-crowd, it begs for you to love yourself and let everyone else understand your worth lies in who you are, not who they want you to be.

5. "Respect" by Aretha Franklin

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me."

Guess what? Just like confidence, a little respect goes a long way (and it's OK to demand it)! Life can really get you down when you're nothing but a doormat, so take pride in everything you do! Work for what you want, and above all...R-E-S-P-E-C-T yourself.

6. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé

"My persuasion can build a nation
Endless power, with our love we can devour
You'll do anything for me
Who run the world? Girls!"

You know all those strong women behind every successful man? Well, they're stepping into the spotlight now. We literally have the power to give life and still do everything men can do. This doesn't make us better, but it certainly shows just how invaluable... how powerful, we are.

7. "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten

"My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me."

Life pulls us under sometimes. It happens to the best of us; it's inevitable. Are you going to take it lying down, or are you going to fight? Setbacks don't make you a failure; giving up does.

Fight for your happiness! Fight for what you want and believe. Don't take "no" for an answer.

What's your fight song?

8. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" by Kelly Clarkson

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter."

Whatever it is you're going through, you will get through it. Life moves on, but it's up to you if you will too. You can let a toxic relationship or negative experience kill you inside, or you can choose to learn from it and be stronger than you were before.

9. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child

"You thought that I'd be weak without you, but I'm stronger
You thought that I'd be broke without you, but I'm richer
You thought that I'd be sad without you, I laugh harder."

Just like the last two songs, Destiny's Child gives us an anthem about surviving. They sing about coming into your own when you think you've reached your lowest. Women aren't weak, fragile beings; they're fierce and strong.

They can overcome anything they put their mind to, and so can you.

This is a cliché for a reason.

10. "Try" by Colbie Callait

"Wait a second,
Why, should you care, what they think of you
When you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you?
Do you like you?"

Let's take this playlist in a slower direction for a moment. I love this song for its simple message: You don't have to try so hard.

You are beautiful the way you are. Beauty is more than skin deep, and hear me out: Do you like yourself? Do you love yourself when its just you and no one else? You don't have to try and be the person the world expects you to be.

Love yourself.

When you do, you demand others to see your natural beauty, not the mask society gives us to wear.

11. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindi Lauper

"That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun."

Taking it back again, Cindi Lauper helped fuel the movement to tell the world girls want the same things men want, including some good ol' fashioned fun. Sometimes, we need to forget being ladylike and just make some memories.

What would you add to your empowerment playlist?