11 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Best Friend

11 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Best Friend

Maybe I'm just a daddy's girl.

387
11 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Best Friend

If you have a dad half as awesome as mine, then you probably consider him to be one of your best friends. Many people have different reasons as to why they call their dad their bff, but here are a few of mine.

1. He's always down for some gossip.

Even though I go to college five hours away, we still manage to gossip with each other all the time. I'll tell him about all of the stupid conversations I've heard from class, while he tells me about how one of his workers had his wife call in to quit for him.

2. We have the same sense of humor (almost).

It's natural that I would have adopted his humor over the past 19 years. Whether we are watching stupid movies, 30-minute long cat complication videos, or scrolling through our vines accounts for hours, we always have a great time. But I still don't know how he finds "The Three Stooges" funny.

3. He's always got my back.

He's always getting me out of plans I didn't want, giving me (usually terrible) paper ideas, or spotting me $20, when I want to save my money.

4. He always has a (crazy) backup plan.

He has the street smarts and I have the book smarts, so we always have one of his unorthodox backup plans if mine fails.

5. He's totally mature.

This actually could not be further from the truth. He's almost never serious, which always makes things very interesting. Who wants to be around a boring stick in the mud anyway?

6. He can be one of the girls.

He has been fluent in teenage girl since 2010. He knows all of the dirt the people that my friends and I don't like. Unlike most dad's he likes to keep up with the latest drama in the "girl world." He also knows exactly what to say while we are ranting.

7. We call each other out.

When one of us starts being over dramatic the other is not afraid to shut it down.

8. He supports everything I do.

He stands behind everything I do. He doesn't care how far-fetched my goal sounds, he'll support me through the end.

9. He's always treated me like an equal.

He's always been a big kid at heart and I was 3 going on 30, so we've always had blast together or gotten on to each other. Imagine a sassy, 3-year-old telling her daddy he's grounded.

10. We are both sassholes.

We're brutally honest and unapologetic about it. When we are together we do not shut up. We usually end up getting in trouble by mom.

11. He's awesome.

He knows that he is the "cool" dad that every kid dreams about. He's able to balance working hard with spending time with us. I think that makes him pretty awesome.

Of course, an awesome dad and an awesome daughter make awesome best friends.