11 Reasons Why Meredith Grey Is A Superhero

Only superheroes could live through everything she's been through.

430

For the past 12 seasons, Meredith Grey endured great pain and suffering on "Grey's Anatomy." Only three characters stuck with her at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, but no one else suffered the hardships she did. It has reached such an absurd level that the only explanation is that she's invincible or has a super power. To prove this, I'm comparing Meredith Grey's experience with that of superhero to illustrate that she could join the Avenger Initiative.

1. Drowning

In season three, we learn that Meredith can't swim because she nearly drowns in the freezing water of Seattle. But, compared to Aquaman, her swimming could be worse.

2. Explosion

In season two, Meredith caught a bomb lodged in someone's chest. She also stood too close and was blown back from the explosion. But, she wasn't admitted into the hospital! She took a shower and moved on. That is a Batman level pain tolerance, even though Batman knows to walk away from an explosion rather than stand to watch it.

3. Crashed and stuck in the wild for days

How can anyone forget the awful plane crash from season eight? For days, Meredith and several others were stuck in the wilderness of Washington for days. Some were injured and some died. If they stayed out any longer, she and her friend would have needed to learn how to hunt with a makeshift bow and arrow.

4. Lost the love of her life suddenly

Oh gosh, it still gets me every time. After 11 seasons, Derek Shepard was tragically written off of the show. As soon as the two of them were happy—BAM—he was hit by a truck. It was equally tragic as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy except, you know, Gwen had her spine broken.

5. Lost her mother to a terminal disease and had their final words echoing in her head in times of trouble

Who could forget Meredith's mother? Although she died in season three, she is far from gone. There are several times when Meredith flashes back to her mom's final words, as Peter Quill does in "Guardian's Of The Galaxy." The only difference is that the audience mourned Starlord's mom.

6. Lost a friend doing something selfless and heroic

George's death in season six was one of the cruelest death for the fans. It still makes me tear up when I watch it. It was similar to Quicksilver's death in "Avengers Age Of Ultron." The only comfort is knowing that they both died saving someone else.

7. Has no fear of bullets

The shooting in season six ended with one of the most stressful and traumatic events of the entire show. After her husband was shot, the most logical thing Meredith could think of to save him was to be shot herself. It's as though she thinks that she's as bullet proof as Superman.

8. Saw their sibling die

To return to the that awful plane crash of season eight, it was also when we lost the lovable Lexipedia. Funny how someone as innocence as her can make you tear up as much as the guilty Loki.

9. Loosing her "person"

One of the best parts of the show was Cristina's and Meredith's friendship. After Cristina left in Season 10, the twisted sisters are no more. If only Meredith would go off to find her at all cost like Steve did with Bucky.

10. Suffering numerous beatings and being fine

Seriously, this is similar to the explosion all over again. All of these things happen in one episode, but she is perfectly fine in the next. At least it's not as cheesy as Green Lantern against Darkseid.

11. Seemingly lost a significant other to a crazed murderer and shouted dramatically

At least neither Coulson and Derek died in these instances, but it was still dramatic and heart-wrenching to watch.