11 Reasons Why I love My Best Friends

11 Reasons Why I love My Best Friends

I have some pretty awesome friends in my life and I hope you do too.

5769
11 Reasons Why I love My Best Friends
Simcha Glassman

I have some really awesome friends in my life. Friends that are more than friends, they're family. I'm lucky enough to have multiple people in my life that I can put into this category. Everyone needs a good best friend. Here's 11 reasons why:

1. They are always there for you when you need

This quote is so true. I have best friends from both back home and at college, and while I only get to see these friends during certain times of the year, no matter when or what time it is they are always there to lend a helping hand or listen.

2. They love you unconditionally

No matter how many fights you might have, and no matter how many time they get on your nerves, your best friends will forever and always be your best friends. They love you for the person you are-- flaws and all-- and you love them back with the same intensity. With my best friends, I never feel like I'm truly alone.

3. They know you best

This quote is also very true. When I'm stressed, or emotional, or trying to make life decisions they always seem to know me even better than I know me. I'll say I'm not going to do something, but then they say I will, and then I end up doing it. They can usually predict my every move. I'll admit I can get pretty annoyed at first, but then I'll see they were right, and then I feel like an idiot for ever doubting them. I also tend to keep my thoughts and feeling to myself, but my best friends are always able to read me better than anyone else ever can.

4. They can always make you laugh

Whenever I hang out with my best friends or talk to them on the phone, I always end up smiling or laughing. While it's pretty easy to make me laugh, my best friends have a special power to make me laugh until I can't breath, and that doesn't happen quite as often.

5. They always seem to make your day better

My best friends have a special power of being able to cheer me up when I'm down, even when I try to push them away or swear that nothing can cheer me up. If I didn't have these special people in my life, I think I would probably be a very sad lump of a human.

6. They are your partner in crime

Just like your best friends will always be there if you need, when you someone to cover for you they are right there by your side. Sometimes, they will even take the blame if the plan goes wrong, because their parents are a lot less strict then yours. If I wanted to rob a bank (please don't do it) I would want only my best friends by my side to do it.

7. They are your bodyguard

Pretty sure my best friends have said this exact phrase and worse. My best friends are super protective of me and would seriously hurt anyone that tries to hurt me. It's a nice feeling when you have people who are willing to fight for you or right along side you. It's also good to know you have people watching your back.

8. They act like your mother

They take care of you when your sick, they make sure you take good care of yourself, they give the best advice, and they care for your overall well-being. While sometimes it can be overbearing, I know it's because they love me, and sometimes when I feel like I'm falling apart I know my best friends will be there to pick up the pieces.

9. They're the brother/sister you always wanted

Not only are they my best friends, but they are my family. Most of my friends call my parents Mom and Dad and they are all like sisters to me, especially since I'm an only child. But even if you have siblings your best friends are the family you can choose for yourself, and can be a home away from home for you.

10. They're just as crazy as you

My best friends make me feel like less of a weirdo because they are just as crazy as me or even crazier. We do/say the weirdest and probably stupidest things together. I often find myself or my best friends saying "we're going to hell" a lot when we hang out. The world should be very afraid if my best friends are all in one room.

11. They are your soulmate

Just like this quote says I believe you can find a soulmate in a friendship as well as in a relationship. And I think you can have more than one soulmate. I definitely believe that my best friends are my soulmates as they understand me better than I understand myself. And we get along so well, it's like were the same person sometimes.

There are so many reasons why I love the people I'm privileged to call my best friends. They are always there for me no matter what, and deal with me through my best and worst moods. They love me for the person I am, and constantly remind me how special and beautiful I am inside and out. Without them, I honestly wouldn't be the person I am today. They inspire me, help me, and keep me sane. I love all my best friends with all my heart and would do literally anything for them. Thank you for being such awesome people and friends.