11 Reasons To Shamelessly Love Fall

11 Reasons To Shamelessly Love Fall

Is it that it's over or do birds still sing for you? Float down, like autumn leaves

30
11 Reasons To Shamelessly Love Fall

Fall is, in my opinion, one of the best seasons of the year. The insufferable heat finally goes away, the sweaters come back out, and it becomes acceptable to turn on the Disney channel Halloween movies. Although the list could go on and on, these are some of the best reasons to be excited for autumn.

1. You get to start decorating your house/dorm.

In the summer, of course there's Fourth of July but you can only put up so many American flags. When fall comes around you get to decorate for Halloween, and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. It's one of the most festive seasons around and you can't not smile. Trust me, my roommate and I already have the candy corn stickers on our window.

2. There's always a good excuse to be outside.

Whether you're navigating a corn maze, carving a pumpkin, or gazing at the nighttime sky, there's always a reason to be sitting out. Fall is some of the best whether of the year because all you need is a jacket to stay warm.

3. Hunting season is back.

Coming from a small town where everyone and their neighbor is a hunter and/or a farmer, hunting season is a big deal. Just trust me on this one if you've never experienced it.

4. Halloween

Halloween gets its own category just because of how awesome it is. Scary movie season is here and you can't help but love it. Haunted cornfields and dressing up can be really fun, or if you're not into it, you have to admit that your next door neighbor's children look adorable dressed as princesses.

5. With holidays come holiday breaks.

Whether you're in school or working, you have to admit that you look forward to those long breaks that are coming with the holidays. As a college student, fall break has been one of the greatest things so far this school year.

6. The three S's are back: Scarves, sweaters and socks.

We spent all summer in shorts and t-shirts but now that it's fall it's finally time to break out the warmer clothes. There's just something totally satisfying about curling up in your favorite sweater and a pair of fuzzy socks.

7. You're allowed to openly love pumpkin again.

PSLs are back and even if you think all of the pumpkin is annoying you've got to admit- it's pretty good. *PSL is a pumpkin spice latte, just to clarify.

8. Fall TV shows are coming back.

I don't know about anyone else, but I, for one, am extremely excited for The Walking Dead to come back on. Fall TV shows are some of the best and even if you don't watch TV at least try and be excited for the rest of us.

9. Football all day every day.

Even if football isn't your favorite sport, you still feel obligated to cheer on your team and you secretly love it. Between high school, college and professional football there's enough to keep any and every football lover content.

10. Tis the season of food.

Halloween is the holiday of candy and Thanksgiving is the holiday to celebrate food. All of the discounted candy on November 1st is truly a gift.

11. Fall is the most aesthetic season of the year.

You have to admit that there is just something so satisfying about the sound of leaves crunching under your shoes as you walk down the street. The feeling of a warm mug of hot chocolate or tea in your hands can do wonders to the soul. The freshness of the cool air blowing in can change your whole mood if you take the time to breathe it all in.