11 Reasons Relationships Are More Than Just Sex

Mental and emotional intimacy are just as important.

1198
Ehud Neuhaus

Relationships should mean more than inevitable sex. Two people who want to spend their lives together (even if only for a short while) should do so for more than the possibility of intercourse. As it has been seen through many, many relationships: sex alone will not keep people together.

Here are 11 reasons that relationships are good for something other than sex:

1. During the winter when it's cold, one person usually has warm legs to warm up those hypothermic toes.

Sharing warmth is one of the most intimate actions, ever.

2. Those nights that everything seems to fall apart, you have someone who will be there for you and just listen. Especially parked car conversations.

There is someone who genuinely cares about you and wants to support you.

3. There is someone to eat dinner with. No longer sitting alone!

Not that I really had a problem with this, but it is nice to enjoy food in the company of another person.

4. Help with the chores.

With the help of another person, the chores get done twice as fast. Plus, you can be silly while doing chores and just enjoy time together!

5. Someone wants to enjoy life just as much as you, and if you're lucky, you both will enjoy the same things.

You can make memories that will last forever.

6. You have someone that will go on new adventures with you and enjoy them too.

Get lost together, learn new things together, enjoy nature together.

7. We, as human beings, have a natural desire to care for and love other human beings. We can give all that to another person.

Some say that love is the purest experience ever. We search to experience a profound love with another human being similar to unconditional and powerful love.

8. A source of stability is awesome as well.

Knowing that you have someone to lean on when sh*t hits the fan is a great feeling.

9. If money is of interest, there are two incomes being brought to the table.

Rent is reduced by half, more potential gifts, and FOOD!

10. The pure experience of love and being in love

The warm fuzzy feeling, the butterflies fluttering, the lightheadedness that is overwhelming sometimes, the simple happiness that you never felt on your own.

11. Mental and emotional intimacy extend beyond sex.

First, the ability to have intellectual conversations and speak about worldly things, the future, and dreams! The moment you are allowed to enter another one of the most vulnerable parts of themselves, it makes the connection so much deeper and valuable.

Sex can only do so much for a relationship. Young people no longer participate in relationships for the longevity of them, but rather to have someone to physically pleasure and be pleasured by. It is difficult to find someone who thinks of relationships as more than just sex and procreation.

Sex is not everything, and it even isn't that high of a priority to me.