11 Reasons Why I Miss School

11 Reasons Why I Miss School

Summer isn't how it used to be

1745
11 Reasons Why I Miss School

Summer is always said to be the best time of year (besides Christmas). Copious amounts of sunshine, time to hang out with friends and family, and so on. As little kids, it is the one thing we look forward to the most, and in high school it still holds a lot of joy. As I continue to grow up, summer has lost its glamour and appeal. Because of it, after a week or two, I’m ready for school to start again.

1. I miss my friends.

When you’re in school, all of your friends are in one place. During the summer, the same cannot be said.

2. All you do is work during the summer.

The older I’ve gotten, the more I work during the summer. I have no problem with working, I need the money to pay off my college loans and to save up for the school year. I just don’t like that all I do is work.

3. Most jobs take place inside.

As much as I enjoy my jobs, and I love having air conditioning, being inside seven days a week means no tan. I like getting a little color because, let’s be honest, I’m pretty pale.

4. I actually enjoy learning.

I like having a break from the heavy class and work load, so summer is nice for that, but I really love what I’m studying. Summer means taking a three month break from learning what I’m most passionate about (besides internships).

5. I can’t afford to go on trips without the family.

I am your typical broke college student, I can’t afford to go on a trip on my own. So when my family isn’t planning on going away, I stay around home for the most part.

6. I enjoy the college atmosphere.

College has become my new home and I enjoy seeing people walking around, talking with classmates as we walk to class, and more. It feels homey, comfortable, and busy.

7. Did I say that I miss my friends already?

8. School means fall.

I enjoy the sun and a little bit of the heat that summer brings, but summers here are so humid. I’d rather it be September so I can start being comfortable outside.

9. Fall means football.

The beginning of the school year means the beginning of football season and football is my favorite sport. It’s a win-win situation.

10. School means having to not worry about having/making meals.

During the school year, if you live on campus, you have a meal plan so you don’t have to worry about making dinner every night. If you aren’t living at home during the summer, it’s a different story. You have to actually “adult” more.

11. I just really enjoy and miss school.

My college experience has been really positive for the most part and I really enjoy it. I like the people, the place, the atmosphere, and more. During the summer, you don’t get that and it makes me a little home (away from home) sick.