11 Reasons Grandparents Are the Best

11 Reasons Grandparents Are the Best

They love you unconditionally and tell the best stories about your parents.
221

Grandparents. They hold a special place in grandkid's hearts. There's a special relationship between a grandchild and their grandparents that can't really be described, but it's a relationship I couldn't imagine my life without. My grandparents mean the world to me and will forever remain as one of the most beautiful and influential relationships in my life.

1. They have the COOLEST stories.

Listening to my grandpa's hilarious teenage stories and my grandma's sweet stories of their first few dates and how they met never gets old. There's nothing as great as learning about your grandparent's lives while they were growing up and realizing that they were kids, just like you.

2. They always feed you the best food.

I always look forward to hanging out with my grandparents because I know that means I'll be eating some dang good food pretty soon! Plus, when I was younger and my parents said no to dessert, grandma's cookies always came to the rescue.

3. They can always make you laugh.

My grandparents are huge goofballs and they have the best sense of humor. And although I may be a tad bit biased, no one can make me laugh as hard as my grandparents do!

4. They give you the best blackmail stories about your parents.

Of course we would never actually use these stories as blackmail, but we love to know that our parents messed up when they were our age too! Our parents are always right and we respect them, but laughing at their stories when they were younger is always a perk.

5. They give you the best advice.

I don't know what it is about grandparent's advice but somehow, they always know what to do and say. Leave it to my grandparents to be so wise and influential in my life decisions.

6. Your childhood memories with them never fade, no matter what.

Your memories with your grandparents are some of the most prominent memories from your childhood and recalling those memories always make you smile. There's so many memories to choose from, but I will always remember putting my grandpa's (basically non-existent) hair into small rollers and him letting me pretend to do his makeup. What a trooper.

7. They've restored our faith in soul mates.

Listening to the way my grandparents talk about one another has always made me long for a beautiful and Godly relationship like their's. My grandpa passed away 11 years ago, but my grandma still speaks of him with the fondest tone of voice and with so much love and respect for the man he was.

8. They're hugs are the most comforting and warmest hugs in the world.

The highlight of my day is getting a hug from my grandparents, there's nothing like them.

9. They're always so proud of you.

It's one of our biggest goals in life to make our grandparents proud, but no matter what we accomplish, they always are. We will always strive to accomplish great things in our academic, career and social life so we can share those triumphs with them, but even if we just learn how to make a new pasta dish, our grandparents are proud of us.

10. There's nothing like the bond between a grandparent and their grandchild. It's incomparable.

I am so close to my grandparents and I couldn't imagine having it any other way. They're some of the first people I want to share my good and bad days with because I know they'll be there to support me no matter what. Picturing ever having a relationship like ours with anyone else is pretty much impossible, and I'm totally ok with that.

11.Best of all, they love you unconditionally.

And we love them unconditionally too.