11 Reasons Derek Is The Greatest Bachelorette Contestant Ever

I'm #TeamDerek.

74
desmoinesregister.com

Basically, this season of "The Bachelorette" has all the elements it needs to be one of the greats. We all fell in love with Ben last season and simultaneously wanted to punch him in the face when he sent one of the most vibrant and relatable women to grace this reality staple home. So when we tuned in for the first episode I expected nothing short of, in the words of Chris Harrison himself, "the most dramatic season yet." And boy has JoJo delivered. With all the drama going on there's been one beautiful light shining through, and his name is Derek. When he first emerged from that limo I genuinely thought John Krasinski was pulling one of his greatest and most far fetched pranks on Jimmy Kimmel yet. When I realized that wasn't the case I immediately knew this would be my favorite season of all time, because let's face it, we all needed Jim Halpert in our lives again. If this synopsis wasn't enough to sell you on Derek's merits, here are 11 reasons why he's pretty much the greatest.

1. He walked out of the limo and you were like, "Woah, Jim. Where's Pam?"

2. You got over the initial shock and realized this season was going to be good. Real good.

3. They met and it was magic.

4. Then you realized he's also Ed Sheeran.

5. He has a pretty great response to who he admires most.

"I think in history, this would fall to Ben Franklin. He was able to view the world with childlike wonder to feed his creative/inventive side and balance that with a work ethic that produced massive shifts for the greater good."

Full bio at: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast/dere...

6. He was the perfect first date.

7. He stood up to Chad.

And looked pretty cute in that tank.

8. He's from the Midwest.

#midwestdoesitbest

9. He embraces his nerd status.

Harry Potter game strong.

10. He's hilarious like his alter-ego.

If he deadpans to the camera this season I will faint.

11. That smile though.

BRB. Crying.