11 Reasons You Should Go To Delta Gamma's Backyard BBQ

As if food and dogs weren't enough...

21

Not sure what to do with your Thursday night? Too broke to go out to dinner with all your friends? Really just want to hang out with some goats? If you said yes to any or all of these three questions, Delta Gamma has the event for you! Delta Gamma's Backyard BBQ is an annual event held in the backyard of the Delta Gamma House. There is food, music, dancing, raffles, games and much more! Come out to the Delta Gamma house from 6-9 p.m. on Thursday April, 5 to hang out and help raise money for a good cause!

1. Food

We all know you probably have no more than about $30 dollars in your bank account, for a mere $7 you can stop eating Ramen for once and get a real meal.

2. Dancing

It's not a true country event if there isn't live music and two-stepping, right? All dancers are welcome, even if you're as awkward as Drake in the new "Hotline Bling" music video.

3. Face Painting

Nothing says "Winding down from a test week" like having a tiger painted across your whole face. De-stress and get free artwork done from Delta Gamma. It's almost like getting a tattoo except your parents won't disapprove.

5. Dogs

Delta Gamma's Backyard BBQ isn't just for humans, it welcomes your four-legged friends as well. If you don't have your own dog, you can come hang out with 50+ other dogs.

6. Goats

Yes, you heard that right. There will be GOATS for your petting experience at Backyard BBQ. "I have a butt ton of pygmy goats (the cute colorful, little ones)... they are extremely photogenic and quite majestic," - actual quote from goat owner.

7. Service for Sight

100% of the profits made from Backyard BBQ go to charity. Delta Gamma is proud to serve DG's national foundation, Service for Sight. Service for Sight donates eyeglasses and helps children, adults, and veterans who have been affected by vision loss, eye trauma, or blindness.

8. Aggie Guide Dogs

While raising money for our national philanthropy, we also like to give back locally. A portion of the profits from DG Backyard BBQ will go to Aggie Guide Dogs, a student-led organization that trains service dogs for people who have vision loss or impairment.

9. Big Tex

Your favorite Texas State Fair celeb is rumored to be making a guest appearance at the event! Come for the food and friends, stay for the picture opportunities.

10. Raffle

For only $1 you could be the new owner of Spurs/ Rockets tickets, gift cards, and many other awesome raffle items!

11. Free DG Stuff

As if the raffle, food and goats weren't enough to get you here, there will be FREE DG promo items including tattoos, cups, t-shirts, etc.

If you come to Backyard BBQ we promise there will be furry creatures for you to pet, awesome stuff you can win, and delicious food to fill your tummy. What other reasons do you even need? See you there!