11 Plant Ideas For A New Plant Mom

11 Plant Ideas For A New Plant Mom

Plants can be your babies too

622
11 Plant Ideas For A New Plant Mom
Happy Interior Blog

My apartment doesn't allow me to have a dog and kids are definitely out of the picture right now, so where does a girl turn to give all of her love and affection? Well plants of course. Most are very hard to kill, they never talk back or make a mess, and they're rather inexpensive. They are perfect to brighten up any small dorm room or apartment and they add life into a place that most likely needs it. From DIY planter ideas to just pictures of your dream garden, let this article inspire your inner green thumb.

1. Seashell Planters

You can get seashells at any craft store or you probably have laying around the house, how ever you acquire them, they make a great and interesting plant holder. Be careful not to over water your plant because the shell won't have a drain hole for the excess water to go out of.

2. Aloe Vera

Aloe vera is inexpensive and great for so many things. You can split it open and put it on a sunburn instead of using the stuff in a bottle, and it works a lot better. It's hard to kill, just make sure you give it enough water.

3. Paper Plants

If you're worried about killing your plants, try creating some out of paper! They're just as cute with no upkeep!

4. Pineapple Planter

All you need to make this gem is some paint, molding clay, and regular pot. Just form the clay around the pot to get the shape you want and paint it to look like a pineapple!

5. Colorful Cactus

Create a beautiful and colorful centerpiece for any area by combining a colorful bowl with colorful cacti!

6. Geometric Terrarium

Combine sharp lines with soft plants for the perfect balance and super cute window piece for any space.

7. Mason Jar Plants

Turn on the rustic charm with this small yet adorable succulent in a mason jar. Perfect for small space!

8. Hanging Plants

If you have the ceiling these are definitely a great choice! No chance of them getting knocked over and they look great.

9. Teacup Planters

You can find cheap tea cups at any thrift store for relatively cheap and they have so many cute designs, the possibilities are endless!

10. Crochet Cacti

If you have so super crafty skills this project is for you! There are tons of crochet patterns for plants online and you can do them in any color you want.

11. Letter Planter

Customize a wooden planter box and make whatever letter you want, perfect for a balcony or front porch.

Plants are friends. The sooner you figure that out the happier you will be. Run by your local plant store (or home depot, fun fact) and pick up your new friend. Build some cute buddies and give yourself some more oxygen, it's a win-win!