The 11 People Who You'll Meet At Any Formal

Are you prepared?

12
Media Cache

It's that time of year again. The formals are here and they're in full swing. This means that girls will be looking for dresses, boys will be getting their tuxes and suits ready, and exec members everywhere are panicking. Formal is a fantastic event and fun is had by many people, but at every formal there are always the same people who you meet. Some are great, some are not so great, but all of them are incredibly memorable. If you have a formal planned in the near future or if you have been invited to one, here's the official list of the people who you are likely going to meet.

1. The Sober Exec Member

This person is not only required to be at formal, they are required to be sober. It's a deadly combination. They have to make sure that everything is going well, but they also have to deal with all of the other people at the formal. Let's have a moment of silence for these people, please.

2. The Frat Star

This is the guy who everyone asks to go to formal. This semester, he's probably already been to four formals and he will most likely spend the entire night talking about said other formals. He's a nice enough guy, but he's the guy. He's a star.

3. The Couple That Was Surprisingly Allowed On The Bus

How did they get here? There's no way that they were allowed on the bus. How did they make it up those stairs? It's a question that no one can answer, but you should be impressed. Everyone else is.

4. The Boyfriend Who Doesn't Really Want To Be There

He's either not in a fraternity or he doesn't know anyone besides his date, but, either way, you know that he'd rather be anywhere else than in this loud room with all of these people. He could be chugging drinks or be painfully sober, but when that first bus gets there, he's pulling his date's hand to be the first one on it.

5. The Girl Who Is Crying For Some Reason

You could drown in the pools of her tears. There are so many and the worst part is that she can't even coherently tell you why she's crying. It's a never-ending cycle. Hand her a water, sit her down, and, hopefully, it'll subside on its own.

6. The Person Wearing Something Inappropriate

There's always this person who is wearing something completely inappropriate. Usually it involves seeing a body part that is supposed to be covered with a piece of clothing, but could involve any variety of things. Watch out for them and look at the wall when they bend over.

7. The Sober Friend

Tonight they've decided that they're not going to drink at the venue, which is fine. They probably won't be the only one, but they're going to be kicking themselves during formal. The only upside to being this person is that they'll know everything that happened last night the morning after. Who's the smart one now?

8. Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend

Either you knew that they were coming and had time to prepare or you didn't know and you're completely out of luck, but both situations aren't ideal. It's almost always awkward. A few times throughout the night you'll make eye contact and quickly look away, but you have your date, right?

9. The Embarrassing Date

As you watch this person make a fool of themselves either with a group of people or at the bar, you can't help feel bad for their date. You will probably never see them at another formal, but, if you do, at least you'll have a show.

10. The Friend Who You Took As A Date, But Who Secretly Wants More

You're friends, right? Maybe?

11. The Person Who Is Actually Having Fun

It might seem rare, but this probably isn't just one person, it's a whole group. Surrounded by the chaos that is everyone else, these people are just enjoying the loud music, the company of some of their closest friends, and the opportunity to dress up like royalty. Keep dancing, happy people, this is your night.

No matter the type of person who you meet at formal, it's almost always a memorable experience for everyone involved. Stay safe this formal season and have a fantastic night!