11 Myths of Being a Fat Girl

11 Myths of Being a Fat Girl

Oh please, we run the world.

284
11 Myths of Being a Fat Girl
Wikipedia

When someone told me that being fat came with restrictions I laughed... And then they told me they were serious. They even showed me a list....

Now I'm here to share, and debunk, this list for you.

1. Crop Tops Are Off-Limits

If you're fat you most definitely SHOULD wear crop tops. EVERY DAY... Okay so that's a bit excessive but fat bodies belong in crop tops- tum, stretch marks and all. Plus it's fall. If there's ever been a safe way to wear a crop top this season is it. Black crop top, skinnies and a longline cardigan? Stylin'.

2. Don't show your skin

Okay so this is ridiculous, not showing skin? Really? Don't let your rolls, stretch marks or cellulite tear you down. Show your shoulders, feel as sexy or free as you want. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3. Don't speak up for yourself

If someone's being fatphobic,racist, sexist, xenophobic etc then call them out on it. You don't have to take their dismissal of your very real existence, you're a person too. Besides, isn't it time to let the sass monster out to play? Checking someone on their fatphobia is not only important for your space but your confidence.

4. We're boring

Fat babes are the funniest people you will ever meet. We're seriously a riot; we have tons of friends, and we're very social. We keep our friends close for the good times so that we'll have someone for the bad.

5. We're not funny

Number 4 aside, fat babes have learned that we have to be funny and passive to get people to like us but that's just not true. We're depressed too, anxious, stressed and hurt. Being the "girl with a great personality" is all that has been awarded to us so of course we use what's in our arsenal and boy are we great it.

6.We're only good for fall weather

Okay.

NO. Fat girls are not statements to make during the fall and winter, we're not your "cuffing season" options. We don't sit by the phone waiting for your call; we're not going to accept whatever you think we deserve. We're goddesses, treat us like it.

7. We're not worthy of love, won't find it or are a last-rate option

HAHAHA

I don't know who made up these rules but they're false. All of it. We're deserving of love, of the very best. We're deserving of loving partners who are loyal and kind, we're not your last-rate either. We're so sharply aware of all that we are and all that we have always been.

8. We're not sexy

Um, have you seen Gabourey Sidibe? She's HOT. Why? Because she's confident and takes no stones, and why should she? She knows that she's fabulous,a total bae. Get like Gabby, love on yourself and see your inner Aphrodite boo.

9. We can't dress

Okay, do you realize how many years fat femmes have been online shopping and dreaming of gorgeous outfits for their matching personalities? The amount of prowess in just one search of our computer history would prove it. Who would dare to wear what we do? No one but us. We love our curves, dimples, fat rolls and stretch marks and we display them. Don't ever think we can't dress honey, we'll snatch your edges every time.

10. We're not attractive to other women

Umm, first:

That's idiotic,who actually believes that? The lesbian and wlw community is not made of the typical thin and white bodies that you see. Fat femmes are seen as invalid, as if anyone would choose to be a lesbian. Do you know how hard life already is and then to be seen as unattractive because you're not the poster for your sexuality is a major insult. Fat women and femmes pull girls. And while we're at it, our fatness does not equal our identity in the community. Every stud you see isn't going to be muscular and masculine, every femme won't be super feminine. And heads up, fat bois are the cutest. There is no limit to how we identify but in any case we're wanted by all.

11. We're weak

That's bologna. Here's where you can put your invalid opinion:

And remember, Kevin G said it best: