11 Music Festivals To Hit Up if You're Feeling The Summer Concert Bug

So many exciting music festivals, so little time.

173
deneyterrio / flickr

Across the world, music lovers enjoy the chance to see multiple of their favorite performers play live shows in one setting, over the course of a few days. Music festivals have become incredibly popular throughout the United States and Europe, and festival-goers have many great options in the United States alone to visit and experience.

11. Country Thunder Music Festival

This year's Country Thunder Music Festival in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin is being headlined by 2017 ACM Entertainer of the Year Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Thomas Rhett, and Billy Currington, and that makes up only a third of this Midwest country festival's 2017 lineup. CT offers single day and weekend passes, reserved and general admission seating, and the option to camp onsite. Country Thunder is held each July and is located about an hour southwest of Milwaukee, making it an easy trip for out of town visitors.

10. The Governors Ball Music Festival

The 2017 Governors Ball features Chance the Rapper, Lorde, and Wiz Khalifa and will be held during the first weekend in June at Randall's Island Park in New York City. At The Governors Ball, festival attendees can treat themselves to the Melt Shop for delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, Godiva, Marty Quinn's BBQ, Big Mozz Sticks, the Magnolia Bakery, Mister Dips, and so much more! One other intriguing food vendor at this year's Governors Balls is DŌ, which specializes in "cookie dough confections" and has garnered buzz from People Magazine and the Today Show since opening in 2016. If you're unable to attend the Governors Ball to try their creations, but still want to taste DŌ for yourself, they have a storefront near Washington Square Park in New York City with customers forming lines out-the-door daily.

9. Hangout Music Fest

Hangout is held each May in Gulf Shores, Alabama for three days of entertainment on the beach. This year's lineup included Twenty One Pilots and Weezer, and the festival happens rain or shine. Should one get tired of listening to the tunes on the beach, attendees can play beach volleyball with their friends, ride a Ferris wheel, relax on the hammock beach, play in the arcade, visit the puppy kissing booth, or try conquering the Sour Punch Dodge and Jump obstacle course.

8. CMA Fest

The annual CMA Fest features some of country music's best artists, and the highlights are shown later in the year on television for fans unable to score tickets for the live show in Nashville. Brad Paisley, Florida Georgia Line, and Trace Adkins are all set to perform at this year's Fest, to be held June 8th-June 11th.

7. Voodoo Music + Arts Experience

Voodoo is held Halloween weekend in New Orleans, Louisiana each year; and the 2017 festival will be headlined by The Weeknd, G-Eazy, Cage the Elephant, and The Chainsmokers. Voodoo features more than 65 bands over the three-day festival duration and is known for showcasing Cajun cooking for festival-goers from all over the world to try.

6. Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival

Coachella spans two weekends each April, and has become an immensely popular music festival for listeners all over the world. Since the inaugural festival in 1999, Coachella has grown so famous that Advance Sale Passes for the 2018 festival are already sold out, and the opening night is still more than 300 days away. Radiohead, Lady Gaga, and Kendrick Lamar headlined the 2017 Coachella festival, but the 2018 lineup will not be released for a few more months.

5. Lollapalooza

Lollapalooza takes place each August at Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois and the 2017 festival will be headlined by Chicago's own Chance the Rapper. Since Chance the Rapper has donated a million dollars this year to Chicago Public Schools and sings many songs about his love for his hometown, locals are very excited for him to headline this year's festivities. Lollapalooza started in 1991, but has expanded to feature more than 170 bands on 8 stages in 2017.

Image via http://www.redbull.com/mea/en/music/events/1331594..

4. Bonnaroo Music + Arts Festival

Bonnaroo, located in Manchester, Tennessee, features both musical stages and a comedy theatre for festival-goers' entertainment. U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are set to headline this year's festival, to be held the second weekend in June. Each year, thousands of festival-goers choose to camp on-site, but Bonnaroo also offers ticket and airport shuttle packages for visitors staying in or passing through Nashville on their way to the festival.

3. Stagecoach Festival

Stagecoach shares a festival space with Coachella, as each is held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California and is known as 'California's Country Music Festival'. Stagecoach is held in April, and the 2017 festival featured renowned performers Dierks Bentley, Shania Twain, and Kenny Chesney. General admission passes for this year started at $150 for the weekend and included access to all music stages, the HonkyTonk Dance Hall, and barbecue. Stagecoach also offers hotel travel packages for festival-goers uninterested in camping on festival grounds, but unfamiliar with the Coachella Valley area.

2. Austin City Limits

ACL is held in October at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas and is set to feature Jay-Z, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and so many more artists in 2017. Austin City Limits offers a variety of different cuisines for attendees to taste, an Art Market, phone charging stations, and a mini-festival for kids.

1. Summerfest

Summerfest, known as the 'World's Largest Music Festival', is celebrating its 50th anniversary of brining music to the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin this year. Unlike many other festivals, ticket prices for Summerfest are very reasonable, at $20 for a one-day general admission pass or $48 for a three-day ticket or $90 for an 11-day pass good for the entire festival. Tickets for shows at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater-the festival's main stage- are not included with admission, but are well worth the extra money (generally starting around $50) for their performers. This year's American Family Insurance Amphitheater headliners include Luke Bryan, Pink, Future, The Chainsmokers, Sheryl Crow, Bob Dylan, and more. If paying extra for the main show isn't for you, Summeriest still has you covered. The general admission tickets include shows by Alessia Cara, NEEDTOBREATHE, Lee Brice, T-Pain, and Ben Rector, just to name a few. Festival-goers can ride the Skyglider presented by Uber over the festival grounds and 'The Summeriest Big Bang Fireworks' presented by Menards and WISN-TV on June 28th. Also, Summeriest is a 10-minute drive away from Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, if attendees are looking to add something extra to their experience.