13 Movies Coming Out In 2018 That We've All Been Waiting For

You're going to be spending a lot of time at the movie theater this year.

398
20th Century Fox

2017 was a rough year, but it did bring some great movies! "IT," "Wonder Woman," and "Spider-Man: Homecoming," just to name a few! Now, with it being 2018, there's a whole new batch of movies to start looking forward to seeing this year. Here are some movies you should put on your 2018 to-watch list!

1. "Black Panther," out February 16.

"T'Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king." — IMDb

This is easily one of my most anticipated movies of the year. It looks so promising and has a kick-ass cast. Not to mention, it's a Marvel movie which pretty much guarantees it will be a favorite.

2. "Avengers: Infinity War," out May 4.

"The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe." — IMDb

SO. MUCH. HYPE. This is the movie we've been waiting for — the movie that all the other Marvel movies have been building toward. I'm beyond excited to see this one!

3. "Solo: A Star Wars Story," out May 25.

"Han Solo and Chewbacca's adventures before joining the Rebellion, including their early encounters with Lando Calrissian." — IMDb

While I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, I have to admit I'm excited to see more of Han Solo and Chewbacca. They've always been a favorite of mine — I love their dynamic and friendship!

4. "Ocean's 8," out June 8.

"Debbie Ocean gathers a crew to attempt an impossible heist at New York City's yearly Met Gala." — IMDb

I'm mostly excited for this one because of the kick-ass female characters and cast. This looks like the type of movie I'd watch and walk out of feeling like I can take on the world.

5. "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald," out November 16.

"The second installment of the 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' series which follows the adventures of Newt Scamander." — IMDb

I mean...who doesn't want more from the Harry Potter universe? I'm so excited to see more of this story and spend time with all the characters, both new and old.

6. "Love, Simon," out March 16.

"Everyone deserves a great love story. But for Simon it's complicated: no one knows he's gay and he doesn't know who the anonymous classmate is that he's fallen for online. Resolving both issues proves hilarious, scary and life-changing." — IMDb

Based on the young adult novel, "Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda," excitement for this movie has taken the bookish community by storm. I'm excited to see if it will live up to the hype!

7. "Venom," out October 5.

"Venom is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Columbia Pictures and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing." — Wikipedia

Another Marvel movie so, clearly, it needed to be on this list. While not a whole lot is known about this movie yet, I'm hoping Marvel delivers with another hit.

8. "The Incredibles 2," out June 15.

"Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) is left to care for Jack-Jack while Helen (Elastigirl) is out saving the world." — IMDb

So many years of waiting and it's finally here! I'm so looking forward to seeing where this family is now and to learn more about Jack Jack's powers.

9. "Deadpool 2," out June 1.

"After surviving a near fatal knee boarding accident, a disfigured guidance counselor (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Poughkeepsie's most celebrated French Bulldog breeder while also learning to cope with an open relationship. Searching to regain his passion for life, as well as a new stuffed unicorn, Wade must battle ninjas, tight assed metal men, and babysit a group stereotypical side characters as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and creative outlets for his very open-minded sex life. He manages to find a new lust for being a do-gooder, a sparkly Hello Kitty backpack, all while earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best 4th Wall Breaking Superhero." — Twentieth Century Fox

Well, who can resist that summary? The first movie in this series was so original and hilarious and just plain fun. I'm looking forward to another few hours with Deadpool.

10. "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom," out June 22.

"When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event." — IMDb

While the first movie in this series wasn't my favorite, there's something about dinosaurs and Chris Pratt that I just can't resist. This one is definitely on my to-watch list.

11. "Mary Poppins Returns," out December 25.

"In Depression-era London, a now-grown Jane and Michael Banks, along with Michael's three children, are visited by the enigmatic Mary Poppins following a personal loss. Through her unique magical skills, and with the aid of her friend Jack, she helps the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives." — Disney

Another movie that there isn't a whole lot of information out about. I remember watching the original movie as a kid, and I'm hoping this new one delivers! I'm expecting major nostalgia!

12. "Ready Player One," out March 30.

"When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg." — IMDb

Another movie adaptation based on a book, this one looks exciting and action-packed. While I haven't read the book, I'm definitely going to be picking it up before visiting theaters on March 30th.

13. "A Wrinkle in Time," out March 9.

"After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him." — IMDb

Holy cow, talk about a great cast. So many amazing actors and actresses are starring in this movie and I'm excited to see what they accomplish together!