11 Movies You Need To See: October 2016

11 Movies You Need To See: October 2016

Get off the couch and run to the theater!

18
11 Movies You Need To See: October 2016
Patheos

The time has come for another 11 movies that you must see! Below are films from various genres that are coming out this October. Of course there are a couple of horror and thriller movies because of Halloween coming up. They're the best type, to be honest. Sorted by release date, these movie plots will intrigue you so much that you might decide to get up and run to the theater instead of waiting for it OnDemand! Enjoy!

1. "The Girl on the Train" (October 7th)

Finally, the book that took the world by storm is hitting the theaters! Emily Blunt stars as Rachel, a woman saddened by her recent divorce. Everyday on the train she takes home, she sees a "seemingly perfect couple" and reminisces about her past. However, one day she sees something shocking and what she witnessed puts her into a world of mystery and thrill.

2. "Max Steel" (October 14th)

This film is based off an action figure, which targets younger audience members and those interested in the business. 16-year-old Max and his alien partner Steel learn of their powers and how to become a superhero (that uses both of their abilities). The more they try to work with their potential, they learn things that were otherwise classified without their powers.

3. "The Accountant" (October 14th)

An accountant (Ben Affleck) prefers math more than being social. Though he works at a small CPS office, he is actually aiding some of the most dangerous groups an organizations in the world. As time goes on, the government begins to find more information on his cases and another accountant (Anna Kendrick) uncovers huge secrets, 'the accountant' must get to the truth before even more people die. Wow... was that an intense ride or what? They are really making such an ordinary job a lot more exciting!

4. "Kevin Hart: What Now?" (October 14th)

Though this seems like a real movie, it's just Kevin Hart performing in front of a lot of people. His jokes are hilarious though. It took place at the Lincoln Financial Field which is awesome because that's where my college's football team plays (Temple Owls). I'm excited to see an hour and half of Hart's inappropriate, dirty jokes in a venue that is close to me.

5. "Desierto" (October 14th)

This thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat! As a group of men and women from Mexico try to cross the border to the U.S., they find themselves being picked off by a gun-wielding man and his German shepherd. As they try to escape death, it is found that in order to survive, they must fight back and be critical with their actions. Especially with what's going on in the election and the tension on the border, I think this film is very interesting and relevant.

6. "31" (October 21st)

One of the three horror movies coming out this October (very appropriate timing)! From the director of the "Halloween" remake and "Lords of Salem", this film twists survival and games into a shocking horror piece. Five carnival workers were captured and must endure 12 hours of the game 31 in order to live. There's only one rule to the game: survive.

7. "Keeping Up With the Joneses" (October 21st)

Jam packed with actors like Zach Galifianakis, Isla Fisher, Jon Hamm, and Gal Gadot, "Keeping Up With the Joneses" is an action comedy that will be worth your while! An ordinary couple are trying to live peacefully, when a new couple moves into their neighborhood. Things seem fine until secrets start pouring out and the two find that the Joneses are actually co-ops!

8. "Ouija: Origin of Evil" (October 21st)

Horror film #2! There have been so many ouija style movies these days... some are good and some are bad. Judging by the trailer, however, this film seems promising with many jump scares and a dramatic plot. A family in the late 60s scams customers to make money. But when they find a ouija board, their lives change horribly. The family fights to save Doris, the youngest sister, who is possessed by a demon. Can they get the spirit out before it ultimately destroys them?

9. "Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween" (October 21st)

So this isn't horror per se, but it is a comedy thriller and Halloween related. The best thing about the Madea series are that they are hilarious, but also have an underlying message, which makes Tyler Perry a brilliant creator and actor. While watching over her great-niece and her friends, Madea finds herself in a situation where she has to fight off terrible things, like ghosts, killers, and even poltergeists.

10. "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" (October 21st)

Another Tom Cruise sequel of a series thing! Although I find that a lot of Cruise's films are similar in plot and how things go down, it doesn't mean that the action isn't great. In the "Jack Reacher" sequel, Jack finds himself being accused of a homicide that happened 16 years ago. Trying to get to the bottom of it, he founds out that the situation is a lot more complicated than it seems.

11. "Inferno" (October 28th)

Tom Hanks returns as Prof. Robert Langdon, who has literally been through "hell and back". Based on the books by Dan Brown, "Inferno" relates to previous events from the past (other films and books). Langdon awakens in a hospital room with no memory of the days before, and he is once again placed into a huge manhunt. With Dr. Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones), he must figure out why he lost his memories, how to stop an apparent apocalypse, and solve the most difficult riddle yet.

Disclaimer: All plot references and film posters were supplied by Wikipedia Inc