11 Schoolhouse Rock Tunes That Are Still Super Helpful

"Knowledge is power!"

31
Jason Lynch

For decades, Schoolhouse Rock! has enriched the minds of young students across the nation. The show's catchy tunes combine with various content areas to create an unforgettable experience, aiding memorization and understanding of fundamental concepts.

Since its premiere in 1973, Schoolhouse Rock! has been a wonderful tool for parents and teachers. The Emmy-winning animated series is separated into seven individual "rocks" or subject areas: Multiplication, Grammar, America, Science, Computer, Money, and Earth; each provides specialized attention to different topics within that subject.

Of course, like any educational tool, some Schoolhouse Rock! songs are more effective than others. So, I've sifted through the expansive track list and selected a handful of the most useful and/or helpful tunes. (Hopefully, I have provided a wonderful throwback as well.)

1. "The Preamble"

2. "Interjections!"

3. "Mother Necessity"

4. "Conjunction Junction"

5. "I'm Just a Bill"

6. "Do the Circulation"

7. "Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla"

8. "Elbow Room"

9. "Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here"

10. "Them Not-So-Dry Bones"

11. "Busy Prepositions"

I hope that future generations of students have the opportunity to watch these gems. Long live Schoolhouse Rock!