11 Of The Most Underrated Disney Movies

11 Of The Most Underrated Disney Movies

Face it, you probably haven't seen most of these.
667

Face it, everyone loves a good Disney movie.

I've never understood how people have limited their Disney obsession to just their childhood years. There's nothing better than finding an old favorite, sitting on the couch, eating popcorn and singing along to every song. Admit it, everyone scrolls through Netflix at some point and sees all the Disney movies that they haven't heard about in forever. Rather than sighing and wondering why they wouldn't just put "Aladdin" onto Netflix already (this is a serious issue, people), I embrace these underrated movies. You'd be surprised at how good some of them are.

So, next time you decide to "Disney movies and chill," make sure to check out one (or more) of these underrated Disney flicks!

1. Hercules

I could go on and on about this movie for ages. There is not one single bad part of this movie. I'd be lying if I told you that Hercules wasn't my celebrity crush!

2. All of the Lilo and Stitch sequels

Come on! Don't tell me you didn't want to find out what life was like for Stitch on Earth! I know that by the end of the first movie I was just about ready to reach into the TV and grab Stitch to keep as my own.

3. Fantasia

The breathtaking music that went along so perfectly with the amazing animation is sure to make you smile. There is no scene that is more iconic than when Mickey conducted the mops so perfectly.

4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

If you're into dark movies, this one is for you. This movie may have tested Disney boundaries at the time with its dark nature, but it's got the classic powerful feel that any good Disney movie can give off.

5. A Goofy Movie

This is perfect for any college student dealing with leaving their parents! No one does it more gracefully than Goofy, though.

6. Meet The Robinsons

If you don't remember the "I have a big head, and little arms!" scene, then you haven't lived.

7. James and the Giant Peach

This one isn't any normal Disney movie. What sets this movie apart from something like Sleeping Beauty is its use of claymation, rather than typical animation.

8. The Sword in the Stone

This is also another classic Disney plot. The boy struggles and ends the movie as king, no surprise there.

9. Tarzan

This is underrated, but still more well known than other movies on this list. How could anyone forget the amazing love story between Tarzan and Jane? Total relationship goals.

10. The Princess and the Frog

Everyone knows that Disney expected a lot more from this movie. I was excited to see a princess of color that was surrounded by beautiful jazz-inspired music. This movie was supposed to be a huge step in the progression of Disney princesses, but, sadly, it didn't get the recognition that it deserved.

11. The Lady and the Tramp

There's nothing more romantic than watching animals slurp spaghetti out of each others mouths.

Make sure to watch some of these! Give underrated Disney movies a try.