It Only Takes 11 Minutes To Break Your Heart

If you want to get technical, it's 5 minutes and 7 seconds.

75
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Halsey_03-11-2015_-8_%2816593958817%29.jpg and https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1803/43293655942_4d9e72e759_b.jpg

In case you missed the memo, Yungblood and Halsey have made it clear that they're dating. Rumors sparked a couple months ago from an instagram post made by Halsey. The picture posted was the two of them walking along a sidewalk in Camden with Yungblood having his arm wrapped around Halsey. While the rumors floated around, a couple weeks later Halsey posted a painting she made of Yungblood that added fuel to the fire.

But that wasn't the only piece of art that was being made.

The two collaborated on a newest single that's been dropped called 11 minutes ft. Travis Barker (who kills it on the drums, btw). The lyrics are emotional, painful, and tug at your heart strings effortlessly. The music adds a sad, mellow feel to the song but what really delivers are their voices. This duo have their own distinct qualities but they each share an ability to hit a raspy range without a problem. When you take these characteristics and throw them together to make a song you create a masterpiece. The soft piano playing at the end adds a nice touch as well.

media3.giphy.com

If the song alone doesn't make you feel some type of way then you need to watch the music video.

At first watch you can pick up on three solid parts: Halsey is in a car crash and Yungblood is trying to run to the scene of the accident four different times. A clock on Yungbloods nightstand flashes the five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) throughout the whole video. This raises a lot of questions about what exactly the video is about but the most popular theory seems to be survivor's guilt.

It's clear that in this video Halsey ends up in a life ending crash. Yungblood has an 11 minute time frame to get to Halsey, but each time he tries to get to her there's always something that sets him back by a split second. During every attempt to save her, one of the five stages of grief will show up on the screen. It shows the struggle of him working through the guilt and how it can affect someone.

'11 Minutes' is a powerful song with an equally as powerful video to match it. Along with being an adorable couple, Hasley and Yungblood have created a relatable, impactful song that's sure to hit you where it hurts.