11 Life Lessons From "This is Spinal Tap"

Going through this highway to hell called life can be tough and unfortunately not everything can be solved by breaking guitars and biting the heads off of bats. Luckily, there are lessons that can still be learned from the rock 'n roll life. I'm sure by clicking this article, you were thinking: How can the film "This is Spinal Tap" offer any life advice? Yeah, sure, it's probably the funniest rock and roll movie ever made, but what kind of life advice does it have for me? Well, let me assure you, the rockumentary does have some valuable lessons, and in this article you will find 11 (11's louder than 10) life lessons found in the film.

1. Know that "several-dozen's of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported."

I know it sounds absurd, but it's true. So don't get too surprised if someone close to you explodes...You can't do anything about it so maybe this isn't much of a lesson, but it is still good know.

2. Know that some events are better left unknown.

Maybe sometimes it's better not to know how someone died. ...Moving on.

3. Know the difference between inches and feet when you're on the job.

Because a 'little' difference could ruin your work.

4. Prepare for changes.

Going through changes can be tough. Just remember to keep calm and rock on!

5. "The end can't be assessed as of itself as being the end."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

6. Don't get caught between rock and a hard place.

Sometimes it can be hard to rock out.

7. Do what makes you feel like a preserved moose.

Because telling yourself, "you're only as old as you feel" isn't good enough.

8. Live a good life.

Marty DiBergi (Film Director): If I were to ask you what your philosophy of life or you creed, what would that be?

Viv Savage (Spinal Tap Keyboardist): Have a good time...all the time.

Life is good, so live it that way!

9. Being self-reliant is rewarding.

Doing stuff on your own can really feel rewarding and having people root for you makes it all the more worthwhile.

10. It's okay to ask for help.

Even the most talented rock stars could sometimes use a helping hand.

11. Know that there's a fine line between stupid and clever.

So turn it up!