11 Things Ice Cream Shop Employees Will Understand

I do it for the tips.

283

I've been working at an ice cream place for about four years now. This was my first job and I will always have a love hate relationship with it. It will hold a special place in my heart but I also can't wait to move on to bigger and better things. I've had my fair share of moments with my fellow employees and here are a few only fellow employees will understand but most of you can get a laugh at.

1. When your hands and arms are covered in dried ice cream.

I constantly wash my hands and arms only to find more ice cream on my hands and arms twenty minutes later.

2. There's always that one awful flavor that is impossible to scoop.

One of the most popular flavors is always frozen solid and is usually impossible to scoop. Usually everyone gets it so it's always a pain.

3. When you can't understand how people can eat a large cup of ice cream.

When you have been staring at ice cream for hours upon end, sometimes it's hard to imagine someone else eating a large amount of ice cream in one sitting.

4. There's always a milkshake that explodes on you at least once a shift.

I always prepare myself for a milkshake exploding in my face every shift. It always happens.

5. When customers either come in way too early for ice cream or five minutes before you close.

Yes, I'm silently judging you for eating ice cream at 10 a.m. At least eat some breakfast first!

6. When those certain customers come in when it rains or snows.

Rain or shine, I always have those loyal customers who will come for ice cream in the worst weather. That's dedication!

7. Long shifts are always the death of you.

They are usually long and boring especially during the slower seasons like fall and winter. All you want to do it go home and go to bed.

8. When your scooping hand cramps up.

It sucks when you are mid scoop and a hand cramp approaches. Nothing much you can do but continue to scoop in pain.

9. When customers ask for tons of free samples.

Pick a flavor already!!!!

10. Sugar cones are always the worst since they break easily.

It's not a day at work unless I break at least five sugar cones. They are indeed tasty, but never a good idea.

11. When a customer tips you a penny.

I would honestly rather no tip. Please tell me what I could buy for a penny?

Despite the seemingly annoying but funny events that happen at work, this was the greatest first job. I am very lucky to still be apart of this work environment!